X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luszer
    • Feb 2003

1056 or 1068 with RMB 1075

Interested in hearing if the 1068 is far superior over the 1056 if I plan on using my current 1075 amp

Will there be a noticable difference with the 1068 over the 1056 with the 1075 powering the 5 channels

Thanks, Ron
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I compared the 1055 and 1066 and found there was a VERY small improvement with the 1066. You'll have to listen and decide for yourself if one, you hear any difference and two, the cost difference, no tuner etc are factors for you.

FYI, I went with the 1066

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• luszer
      • Feb 2003

Thanks Aud19

I know its a funny question, I actually own a 1066, but was thinking of upgrading to the better DACs, OSD, and adv. menu features new to these models (1056, xx67, and xx68).

With the upgrade, I was thinking of saving a few bucks and going with the 1056. Furthermore, possibly sell off the 1075 and simplify my HT system.

Ron

Comment

• Tha Freak
        • Jul 2003

having a seperate power amp and pre/pro is the best way to go (IMO)...

You own a pre/pro 1066/1075 combo and want to go RSX-1056 ???

weird?

I'm willing to help you getting rid of your 1076 :lol:
        - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

I'd personally stick with the 1066/1075 and wait for whatever model replaces the 1068. Skip a generation Or upgrade other things in the meantime. (Dedicated CD player, upsampling DAC, Cat Cables, two-channel amp and go 7.1 etc)

Jason
          Jason

Comment

• luszer
            • Feb 2003

The Freak

I know shoot me, a backwards upgrade! - It don't make sense?

I want all the advanceements, HT is very important to me, however I have invested extra into a seperate 2 channel setup. Now I'm getting a little gun shy on upgrading to a 1068 or 1098.

So in my own sick mind, I thought I might be happy with a 1056. Kinda 1 stop shopping

Thanks, Ron

Comment

• Fred7
              • Jul 2004

I did the 'backwards upgrade' thing recently. I had an RSP-1066 and an RSX-1055 and I replaced them both with two new RSX-1056's and I'm very happy.
              The differences in the sound of 1066 compared to the 1055 was minimal at best and I wanted to have the tuners. I live in a condo so I never play my system very loud so the lower noise floor of the 1066 didn't matter too much for me, besides I really didn't hear a difference.(I am using an RMB-1075 on one system and an NAD C272 and some old Adcom amps on the other system.)

The main reason that I bought the new 1056's was because of the improved bass management, I listen to a lot of SACD and I didn't like the 'double bass' on the multi inputs. I know that there is a fix (cutting some resistors) but I didn't want to do that and I was able to sell the 1066 and 1055 on EBay so it offset the cost quite a bit. I didn't compare the 1068 to the 1056 - maybe there is more of a difference now but I think they (the 1056's) are better compared to the 1066 but that may just be because of the double bass issue on the multi input. Also, with everything changing so much in Home Theater I think that I will be upgrading often so I just couldn't justify spending so much on the 1068. It will be nice once there is a standard for digital transfer of SACD (possibly firewire) and when that happens I'll probably be upgrading again.

Anyway, the bottom line is that you have to make your own decision, but for me the two RSX-1056's are working out great.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"