X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOY DIVISION
    • Aug 2004

Rotel RDV-1060????

I just got the RDV-1060 over a week ago and I notice there's like a teeny weeny vibration that I hear from the system, it does not affect the sound or video quality at all but it's a concern. I sounded like a belt or a fan coming from the inside, not noticeable when you look, but if you put your hand over it and then you start to feel it. Anyone ever had a problem like this or is it pretty normal. I own a PS2 and sometimes it goes like that. I have never heard it on my Arcam, but should I suspect either Power supply or a belt that's just normally noisy. Any input would be appreciated.
  • eelco74
    • Dec 2002

It is probably because the drive is 2x or 4x speed. My DVD-2900 also vibrates when running certain discs.
    Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Olaf
      • Nov 2003

I have a RDV-1060 and yes it vibrates quite a bit will accessing the disc but this does not seem to be much of a problem.

Regards,
      Olaf

Comment

• JOY DIVISION
        • Aug 2004

I have just spoke to the dealer and he showed me a same model just out of the box and he experimented with a dvd and a cd and it did vibrate, he was just explaining all that mechanism in their was spinning like 200of a ms or something thats why the spindle goes so fast and vibrate, so I guess it's pretty normal. Hey thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"