X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steelgtr
    • May 2003

Discount On Rotel?

Does everyone pay full retail at the B&M stores? Is there any authorized online or mail order sources? (or unauthorized

thx

bob
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

ROTEL is very particular about their dealers and how they handle the line. There are no dealers online authorized or unauthorized. You can't even have a piece drop shipped. It has to be delivered to a dealer directly first.

I have no experience with B&M (is that a store?) I think most here have gotten some sort of a discount or another from their dealer. But it is usually in the order of 7-12%.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• kendrid
      • Dec 2002

I get 10% off at my local dealer. That is the 'normal' in most areas. Some dealers won't deal at all.

------
      Kevin
      ------
      Kevin

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Yeah, Rotel has a real thing about stopping grey market. Rotel and B & W distributed by same distributor in US I think, and they are just as stringent on both.

I would think 15-18% would be tops for discount, more likely the 10-12% if your lucky. If you don't have a local dealer, drive across a state line to buy, and save sales tax, though it cheats your state out of revenue, it does increase your total effective discount. But then supporting your local dealer is a good thing, that way he may be there in the future to take care of your service needs. It's worth something!

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Eduardo
          Moderator emeritus
          • Jun 2002

Bob,

I'm currently interested in a Rotel RSX-1055. There is only one dealership in my town that sells Rotel and they do not offer any type of discount.

But then supporting your local dealer is a good thing, that way he may be there in the future to take care of your service needs. It's worth something!
          I agree with Lex. The dealership did allowed me to take home the 1055 for a week and they also let me demo a Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX over a 4 day weekend. Other bonus includes loaner equipment if mine is being serviced and Trade-in programs. I still plan on trying to get a discount but if I don't thats OK too.

http://home.nc.rr.com/ejimenez

Comment

• Rock Dog
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2003

Eduardo,

I recently bought a RSX-1055. I contacted 3 dealers (2 here, 1 out of state.) NOT ONE, wold give a discount on this piece. They all said it was because there is very little margin in the 1055. The 1065 they could offer something. I got 10% of my 1066/1095 combo.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• sdecker
              • Jun 2002

I got 10% off on my 1055 and RB-1070 purchase. Great dealer support is worth alittle extra $$$ is you ask me.

earle

Comment

• sndtowne
                • Jan 2003

[ I have no experience with B&M (is that a store?) ]

B&M stands for "brick and morter." In other words, your local retailer as opposed to mail order or internet dealers.

If you are able to find a dealer who will sell you Rotel via internet or mailorder - you give up the five year warranty as Rotel has no authorized internet or mailorder dealers - and to get the five year warranty, the products have to be purchased from an authorized dealer.

Also, Rotel has one of the lowest dealer profit margins in the industry (that's probably one of the reasons they are such a good value. They don't allow the dealers a huge mark up.)

A good rule of thumb is: The higher the discount, the lower the dealer service.

Bruce
                Bruce

Comment

• zpanky
                  • Mar 2003

MSRP in Canada for the 1066 is $2400 Cdn. The 5 Channel 1095 is $3000Cdn. A local dealer offered to sell for $4200Cdn which is about a 22% discount. All high end equipment sell with very generous profit margins. A lot depends on your relationship with the salesman, your negotiating skills, and whether or not the salesman or store has sold much lately. My advice would be to buy during the Summer when most people are out enjoying the sun and not shopping for hifi equip. Also, visit the local dealer a lot. Use up a lot of their time so they have something invested in you. Good Luck!

Comment

• aero993
                    • Feb 2003

I paid $1219.00 plus 5% tax for my 1066. Total price was $1280, out the door from a Rotel dealer.

Comment

• spiffnme
                      • Apr 2003

I bought used. I got a RB-1075 ($810) and RSP-1066 (with the latest firmware, plus the latest HDTV video) for $1150. Both were like new, came with all the original boxes and paperwork. I couldn't be happier!

-Craig

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
                      All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• DSGCobra
                        • Feb 2003

Their is more room to play in Rotel prices than most dealers are willing to tell you. I paid $2300 for the rsp-1098 when ever it arrives (should be in the next couple of weeks!!!!!!!) I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars at this dealers store over the last 10 years, they are more than willing to work with me on prices for new products. You really need to find a good store with good people you can trust, then give them all of your money.

Comment

• steelgtr
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by Eduardo
                          Bob,

I'm currently interested in a Rotel RSX-1055. There is only one dealership in my town that sells Rotel and they do not offer any type of discount.

But then supporting your local dealer is a good thing, that way he may be there in the future to take care of your service needs. It's worth something!
                          I agree with Lex. The dealership did allowed me to take home the 1055 for a week and they also let me demo a Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX over a 4 day weekend. Other bonus includes loaner equipment if mine is being serviced and Trade-in programs. I still plan on trying to get a discount but if I don't thats OK too.
                          Eduardo

Waht is your take on the Elite 45 vs. the Rotel 1055. Did you get to A/B them? I'm very interested in these 2 units?

thx

bob

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"