RDV-1060 update to fix DVDA, does exist!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

RDV-1060 update to fix DVDA, does exist!

Just to let you know, Mike at Rotel definately knows about the DVDA problem that reverts the 1060 to SCART mode, and they have an update. I know some people got the update, while others were getting the run-around..

They were pretty serious about saying you could really mess up your 1060 if the update doesn't go right (by using a non-tested DVDA disc to put it into the right mode). I would suggest contacting your dealer to apply the update and sending it to Rotel directly.

Kevin D.
  • triDave
    • Dec 2003

The 232-rcs port?

But the RDV-1060 has an upgrade port, why can I not use it? I live in Sweden, it will take months if I let my dealer fix it...

Dave

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

The 1060 has a RS232 control port on the back. It just so happens that the preamps/receivers can take an update through this, but not the 1060. The 1060 firmware update has to be applied through a CDROM (like most other DVD players)..

I'm sure you can request the update and apply it yourself. I'm not sure if they will cover fixing it if an authorized dealer doesn't perform it though just because of the risks involved.

Just curious, are you even having the problem this fixes??

Kevin D.

Comment

• triDave
        • Dec 2003

Well when I use a scart-connection and hit the pause-button everything turns green... I think is a firmware update would solve that... Sometimes the text also get blue when using scart.

Dave

Comment

• Marcel54
          • Jan 2004

Hello Dave,

I had the same problem with my screen turning green. I had contact with a technical guy at Rotel Europe (his name is Khush) and the problem in my case was that I used the RGB SCART input on my tv. The solution was simple. I set the RDV1060 in SCART mode and connected the SCART to my TV through a SCART input that can handle S-video signals. After that the green (in pause mode) was gone. I suggest you try this and otherwise contact Khush. He was a great help. Good luck with it.

Marcel

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"