X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mats
    Special Member
    • Jun 2000

SUB Out broken?

The last days it seems that my sub out is broken.

Switching in the level settings it always plops when the channel is changed.

There is no test signal when selecting the sub out.

Anybody else who had this problem?

Left forum because sold Rotel gear
    Mats
    Mats Strömberg
    Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
    Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)
  • Legairre
    • Jan 2002

I think I'm in the same boat as you. Both my subs pop whenever I turn my 1066 on/off and I noticed the other day after moving the sub cable behind my 1066 I suddenly lost all bass to my subs. I moved the cable where it connects to the 1066's sub out and I had bass again. I've been planning on taking it in for service because of the sub popping thing but haven't yet. I guess mine pops due to a bad sub out connection. Also If I run both subs off a "Y" splitter (from sub1 or sub2) everything is fine, but if I connect each sub seperately to sub1 and sub2 at the same time I don't get any bass. Seperately sub1 and sub2 work but when used together neither one works.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
    Radden Home Theater
    Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Hmm that's strange indeed. If its poping with both in use I wonder if its a grounding issue...if its fixed with a splittler why bother using both then?

Comment

• Legairre
        • Jan 2002

I only use sub1 with a splitter, but the popping still exist. When we go on vacation in a couple of months I'll put in the shop for the repair. That way it will get fixed when I'm not home dying to use it. I might as well get the BM fix done at the same time.

Radden Home Theater
        Radden Home Theater

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"