RSX-1055 and single sub question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • zoomin
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1

    #1

    RSX-1055 and single sub question

    I have an RSX-1055 and a single sub that only has XLR connections for both left and right channels.

    What is the best way to hook this up?

    The dealer I bought the sub from gave me a xlr y-splitter that he said I should use to combine the two channels and hen run a single XLR cable from the sub1 out on the reciever.

    I would have thought that I should run a true left and right channel to this, but I don't see how from the 1055.

    thanks for any input.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002
    • 4601

    #2
    Left/Right is arbitrary on a sub. The sub1/sub2 outputs are the same signal. One or two cables, stereo or mono, it's all the same.

    Kevin D.

    Comment

    Related Topics

    Collapse

    • OakIris
      RSX1055 subwoofer connection - how??
      by OakIris
      :? I just bought a subwoofer - a Velodyne CHT-8 (I know, not the best sub to use, but what I could afford at this time!) - and realized that the Rotel RSX1055 has no sub connections! How do I connect a sub to this receiver? The owners manual is no help, nor is the Rotel site. I did a search here, but...
      20 December 2003, 14:02 Saturday
    • Tha Freak
      RSX-1055 and sub ??
      by Tha Freak
      I have a RSX-1055 as my HT receiver :T

      I just bought a Reel Acoustics RSW-1215 sub...

      I'm just asking myself if I have plugged it allright...

      On the RSX-1055:

      - I connected the sub cable in the "SUB1" output

      - I set...
      12 October 2005, 11:35 Wednesday
    • pvdspek
      Connecting one subwoofer to Sub1 + Sub2 ?
      by pvdspek
      Hi all,

      I've just got me a Rotel RSX-1560 and now I'm wondering how to connect the subwoofer.
      The active subwoofer (Phonar AS1000) has two RCA input connections (L+R) and the RSX1560 has two sub-outputs (sub1+sub2).

      Could I connect Sub1 to the left channel on the...
      24 January 2022, 10:41 Monday
    • Mikez
      Can I use XLR to connect RSP1582 to amp and RCA to connect RSP1582 to sub?
      by Mikez
      I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm contemplating getting a Rotel RSP 1582 preamp that has XLR outs so that I can connect my preamp to my amp using XLR's (balanced connection). Would it be possible to use RCA (unbalanced) out to connect my sub, a Vandersteen V2W, while at the same time connecting...
      09 March 2020, 18:07 Monday
    • amdan
      Sub-woofer and eq advice needed
      by amdan
      I would like to add a sub-woofer to my system. I have a pair of 802N speakers driven by a Bryston 14B ST. My preamp is a Supratek Sauvignon. This is a music only system.
      I read Kal's advice in another post as follows:

      3. Subwoofer. This, indeed, has the potential to give you more...
      10 May 2009, 00:42 Sunday
    • Loading...
    • No more items.
    Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"