X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theMaximus
    • Jul 2004

Rotel 1056 vs Denon 3805

Has anyone had chance to listen to Rotel 1056 and Denon 3805 side by side? I'm currently waiting for 1056 to arrive at my dealer, but after reading a stellar review for Denon 3805 on What HiFi magazine, I'm having second thoughts. Their prices are virtually the same (only $100 difference), and Denon seem to have a pretty useful auto-setup feature with included microphone. Where I live, no one dealer carry both brands so I could only listen to them separately using different speakers. I do have my mind set on B&W 704s and they sounded very good with Rotel 1056. However, I don't know how they would sound with Denon 3805. Can anybody help me with this dilemma?
    Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:
  • Bob Knarly
    • Mar 2004

I've had both and I kept the Rotel.The Denon has got alot goin' for it and it sounds pretty good too.It has a nice new look,lots of good features that I miss and was great with HT.The Rotel however sounds better for 2ch music,quite a bit better and is also very easy to set up,has good features and great looks.If you listen to music its pretty easy,1056,if you listen to mostly movies best to audition.One thing with the 1056,at its price you won't get any better.

Comment

• theMaximus
      • Jul 2004

Thanks. That gives me some peace of mind because the main reason for my upgrade from Rotel RSX-965 was for 2-ch music.
      Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

• cmr15
        • Jun 2004

The other thing to consider is the fact that the Rotel is 75w with ALL channels driven. I read some review of the 3805 (found through ecoustics.com editorial review list) which tested the 3805 with all channels driven which found true amp measurements under 30w.....ouch :rofl:

Craig

Comment

• Kevin P
          • Aug 2000

Agreed... although I've never heard a Rotel I had a chance to play with a 3805, and my $500 Outlaw 1050 outclassed the Denon in 2 channel mode. The Rotel would walk all over it.

Comment

• Bam!
            Super Senior Member
            • Jan 2004

....you know guys....

as much as we base ourselves on Reviews by this Reviews by that....I now base myself only on myself...

There are all kinds of reasons for a review to be good.....especially in a magazine....

All that being said...I have checked out all the receivers in the price range of Rotel 1056.....I chose 1056...why....

Even though I have a seperate 2 channel system.....the 2 channel is very nice....Great soundstage, clarity, depth...the fact that the amp becomes 2 * 100 watts...the dynamic slam is :E ....
            The HD format on the Pre amp of the 1056 is very nice....noisy but nice...

A dedicated 2 channel with separate Pre amp + amp....stomps all over it....and I am taking about a Pre MAp and amp that is 5000.00$....Below that it holds well.

After that for cinema sound......GUYS it's cinema....unless you have Lexicon or Meridian....the processors are so simlar it's not even funny....where Rotel wins is in sheer power. Bye bye Denon for that.

Cloration....Denon is very colored...
            Rotel is pretty natural.

Bells and whistles.....The more Bells = less sound quality....you can' t hide that....gadzoucks they have cd players that shut off the lighting on them for the least bit of interference!

Anyways all that being said....for players...Denon is sweet
            For Receivers Rotel sings!

hope this helps!
            Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"