X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayman_1975
    • Jul 2006

Denon to Rotel?

Hey all...i've been reading alot on this forum for awhile learning what i can and taking in all the opinions on here. I have just purchased a RB 1070 to push my Polk M70's up front. My Denon 3805 serves as pre and pushes the center and 2 surrounds. I have been seriously contemplating selling the Denon and buying a Rotel reciever to match my new amp. I only need 5.1 so i was looking at the RSX 1056. I have read many reviews on this AVR and have found many people complaining about a quite annoying "hiss" in the speakers. Is this an issue that has been corrected by Rotel and if so when. I do not have a place to demo the rotel so i would be buying blind so to speak. Has anyone here upgraded from a Denon 38** to a Rotel and if so would you care to share your impressions with me?
  • WI Rotel
    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by jayman_1975
    Hey all...i've been reading alot on this forum for awhile learning what i can and taking in all the opinions on here. I have just purchased a RB 1070 to push my Polk M70's up front. My Denon 3805 serves as pre and pushes the center and 2 surrounds. I have been seriously contemplating selling the Denon and buying a Rotel reciever to match my new amp. I only need 5.1 so i was looking at the RSX 1056. I have read many reviews on this AVR and have found many people complaining about a quite annoying "hiss" in the speakers. Is this an issue that has been corrected by Rotel and if so when. I do not have a place to demo the rotel so i would be buying blind so to speak. Has anyone here upgraded from a Denon 38** to a Rotel and if so would you care to share your impressions with me?
    Make sure the store has a return policy. My 1067 was very hissy so I exchanged it for the 1095.

Comment

• shadow
      • Dec 2003

My 1056 had no hiss and I had it for two years with zero problems and great sound.

Comment

• sirbogey
        • Mar 2006

My 1055 is even 1-2y older than the 1056 and has never had any hiss...

Comment

• nikos
          • Dec 2005

my 1057 has no hiss
          Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• jayman_1975
            • Jul 2006

i guess it't a hit and miss problem. There were a quite a few complaints about that darn "hiss". I would be buying used on ebay or the gon so i would be takin a big chance of getting one that did hiss. Not sure if i want to roll that dice or not.

Comment

• soundhound
              • Mar 2004

If you do buy used, chances are pretty good that if the original owner experienced any problems, they have been resolved. Most people are not willing to tolerate "issues" after pealing out hard earned $$$$.
              (p.s. 6 week old 1056, zero issues.........)

Comment

• jayman_1975
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by soundhound
                If you do buy used, chances are pretty good that if the original owner experienced any problems, they have been resolved. Most people are not willing to tolerate "issues" after pealing out hard earned $$$$.
                (p.s. 6 week old 1056, zero issues.........)
                You do have a good point i didn't think of. Maybe with that in mind i would take the leap.

Comment

• PewterTA
                  • Nov 2004

*warning*

Switching to Rotel will make you listen to more music if you switch from Denon.

Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                  -Dan

Comment

• jayman_1975
                    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by PewterTA
                    *warning*

Switching to Rotel will make you listen to more music if you switch from Denon.

You think there would be much difference even though i already run my mains off of a Rotel amp using the Denon as pre?

Comment

• PewterTA
                      • Nov 2004

For music listening, YEP, the processor does a lot for stereo seperation and imaging (even with bypass)... I don't feel that Rotel colors the sound as much.

But that's just to my ears, everyone's different.

I still think if you listen to the Rotel compared to the Denon (both through your Rotel amps), you'll notice a big difference.
                      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                      -Dan

Comment

• jayman_1975
                        • Jul 2006

well that settles it..i'm puttin my Denon up for sale and looking for a good used Rotel AVR.....or..what about just buying a dedicated pre, is it the RC 1070?...is there any way i could put that into the equation to serve in 2 channel but keep my Denon doing HT duty?

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"