X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boxer82003
    • Apr 2006

thinking of getting rid of my denon for Rotel

i am thinking getting rid of my denon 3805 for either the rsx-1056 or trying to find some used components like the 1075 and the rsp-1068

i am just curious to what you guys think of this equimpment and how it would fit in with my current setup.

i am running 4 b&W 602.5 s3 center is the LCR60 S3 sub is a asw650 would there be much of a difference in sound (music) and home theater
    Main Linn Ninka
    Center Linn AV5120
    Rear Linn Ninka
    Sub B&W ASW 650

Processor Rotel RSP-1570
    Amp Rotel RMB-1075
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by boxer82003
    i am thinking getting rid of my denon 3805 for either the rsx-1056 or trying to find some used components like the 1075 and the rsp-1068

i am just curious to what you guys think of this equimpment and how it would fit in with my current setup.

i am running 4 b&W 602.5 s3 center is the LCR60 S3 sub is a asw650 would there be much of a difference in sound (music) and home theater

I had a Denon reciever hooked up to B&W 601 S3s and a ASW 300 Sub. I went to a RSX 1055 and then to my current RSx 1067. It was the single best night and day improvement I have done on my system. I now own B&W FPMs and the different in sound quality in the Rotel over the Denon was like getting new speakers.

Trained ear or not you will notice a segnificant improvment!

Comment

• boxer82003
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Vancouver
      I had a Denon reciever hooked up to B&W 601 S3s and a ASW 300 Sub. I went to a RSX 1055 and then to my current RSx 1067. It was the single best night and day improvement I have done on my system. I now own B&W FPMs and the different in sound quality in the Rotel over the Denon was like getting new speakers.

Trained ear or not you will notice a segnificant improvment!
      intresting thanks vancouver are you from vancouver if so where did you get your gear.

has anyone owned a 1067 and gone to seprate components what if so what were the results
      Main Linn Ninka
      Center Linn AV5120
      Rear Linn Ninka
      Sub B&W ASW 650

Processor Rotel RSP-1570
      Amp Rotel RMB-1075

Comment

• grit
        • Jan 2005

I'd suggest the 1075/1068 combo. You'll be amazed. I certainly was!

Comment

• Cdnhifi
          • Mar 2006

boxer82003,

I am also from Vancouver and just recently purchased the RSp-1066 and 1075 amp. They are absolutely stunning!! (even in my loft condo which is not good for sound)

If your looking for them new, HiFi Center on Seymour St (next to A&B Sound) is the only place in Vancouver to get Rotel equipment. Otherwise look on Canuck Audio and Audiogon for used stuff (thats how I got both my units)
          System:

Rotel RSP-1066
          Rotel RMB-1075
          Prima 32" LCD
          Energy Conoisseur C-3's, CC-1, CR-3's
          Energy sl-X10 Sub
          Cambridge D-500SE
          Motorolla HD box

Comment

• fordster
            • Feb 2005

When I bought my RSX-1056 I demoed it against a Denon 3805 at the time. There was no contest for music, the Rotel was far superior to the Denon. For movies it was much closer and each had positives. The Denon had better surround steering but the Rotel had better clarity and sounds were more realistic. Being more into music than movies it was an easy decision for me. That said, I can totally understand why somebody who is mainly into movies would go for the Denon.
            Dave

Comment

• Nolan B
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by boxer82003
              intresting thanks vancouver are you from vancouver if so where did you get your gear.

has anyone owned a 1067 and gone to seprate components what if so what were the results

Hi Fi Centre. Great Service Knowledgable

I can answer your other question too. I bought a 1067 and compared it to seperates 1068 and 1075. Personally there was almost no difference in my opinion, but the seperates were slightly better. The only reason I went with the 1067 was for space. I will probably look at the 1077 1068 becase then I can get the best of both worlds.

Comment

• csuzor
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by grit
                I'd suggest the 1075/1068 combo. You'll be amazed. I certainly was!
                Exactly. Compared to Denon.

Comment

• boxer82003
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by csuzor
                  Exactly. Compared to Denon.
                  hmm
                  Main Linn Ninka
                  Center Linn AV5120
                  Rear Linn Ninka
                  Sub B&W ASW 650

Processor Rotel RSP-1570
                  Amp Rotel RMB-1075

Comment

• charles17
                    • Oct 2005

My change

A few months ago I was looking at moving from my Denon 1602 to a Rotel 1056. After help from good folk on this forum, I made the move.

When I was considering the upgrade, the one option was to go for the Denon 3805, but I love the Rotel sound and for me music is more important.

I have now had my 1056 for 4 months and besides a few eccentric features of the remote, am happy with it. I do agree with Fordster in that music is wonderful, but movie not quite as dynamic as the Denon, but more realistic.

As I was on a tight budget I could not look at the 1067, but do wish I could have as I do enjoy my music, but still feel that the sound could be better - for me the sound stage is good, but I am not able to pin point the individual instruments as well as I would like. I do enjoy the movie experience, but do wish at times it was more dynamic.

This all said - is one ever happy with the sound one has??

Good luck on the decision and let us know how it all turns out.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"