X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Claude D D
    • Jan 2003

Unable to get 1068 to pass video

Hey guys I'm having a slight problem.
    I have my DVD player out putting a 480i signal via component video cables to the component video 1 input on my RSP-1068 and component out to my projo.The onscreen and set up menus work fine but the 1068 won't pass the signal from the DVD player to my projo.Progressive is set to No,video is set to video 1 and is set for NTSC.Any ideas???I've tried every setting and still no luck.I haven't tried switching my DVD player to progressive yet because I would have to reconfigure other components in my system.I gave up for now and just plugged my DVD player directly into my projo.I gotta go watch a movie.
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

Try setting the video input config to prog as well as the dvd player. Then see what happens ... I had a similar problem and then just kept fiddling with the component input cables until I got some sort of picture ... Once I had some picture it then fell into place. I also had to fiddle with the input setup on the screen setting it to auto (i.e. autodetection of PAL/SECAM), once system was outputting PAL it ws fine and could rejig screen back to PAL only.

The processor seemed to continually output NTSC until I fed it a PAL component input. Then things seemed to come together. I assume you have tried a restart of the unit ? I did this at one point during my fiddling and am not sure if this contributed to solving the problem.

One other thing to bear in mind the system seems to need a bit of time before the menu change you make takes affect in some instances, so if you dont see anything immediately give it a minute and see if the issue is still there.

Do you have another composite input using the same video input number ?

Let me know if this helps as this seems to be a generic problem with the 1068.

Rgds Steve

Comment

• Claude D D
      • Jan 2003

Thanks Steve,
      I just talked to Rotel.They suggested resetting to factory default settings or possibly reloading the firmware.For the time being I've got a busy schedule with work and moving to a new house on Aug 6,so finding time to play might be tough.But I will update my results when I can.

Comment

• Claude D D
        • Jan 2003

It works when V1(for progessive DVD set to 480p)and V2 (for my HD cable box set to 1080i) is set to progessive.But now I can't display the menu for the RSP-1068 because the component input that I have to use on my X1 projo will only accept a 480p/720p/1080i signal. :M So I have to switch the input on my X1 and use an s-vid cable to get my set-up menu.Oh well it could be worse.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"