X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kees
    • Sep 2003

PAL / NTSC switching problems on 1098

I have encountered a problem when switching between sources on my RSP 1098. When I switch from watching an NTSC DVD (progressive scan component video input) to PAL video (S-video input), the component output from my 1098 is monochrome (black & white)!
    I can 'reset' this by entering the menu "other options" and switch the VIDEO setting from PAL to NTSC and back to PAL again. This is very anoying and shouldn't be neccessary.
    The problem does not surface when I switch from PAL video to NTSC DVD.
    I use a BarcoData 701 CRT-projector.

Has anyone got an idea how to fix this problem?
  • Henk
    • Jun 2003

Kees, I don't have an answer to your question but I was wondering whether you have other problems with the 1098 going monochrome in PAL mode. Mine swithces to monochrome when I flip through satellite channels or dvd chapters quickly. The colour returns after about 2-3 minutes. 1098 owners in the USA using NTSC seem not to have any such problems. Is your problem and mine not perhaps a PAL-related bug on the 1098?

Comment

• Kees
      • Sep 2003

I don't have any problems while switching channels on TV or going through chapters on a DVD. It just seems the 1098 is 'locked' in NTSC when an NTSC DVD is played, and has to be 'unlocked' to give PAL by switching the NTSC/PAL toggle in the menu.
      I have not found a solution yet.

Comment

• Henk
        • Jun 2003

Just heard from Rotel South Africa that the problem you have has been fixed with the latest firmware version V1.15_20031007. I'm told that the new firmware will fix my problem too. (DSPRom Chip need not be upgraded before loading the software.)

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"