X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Austin
    • Jun 2004

What about Windows Media Audio ?

Hello,

As the new DVD with WM9 High Definition are just arrived, or will arrived, depending on the country you are living on, I was wondering if Rotel's preamplifier can be upgraded to decode this particular format, or not.

Of course all futures WM9HD DVD players will be able to decode WMA and it will always be possible to have it throught the analog input, but I won't be against a digital connection.

I haven't read anything about that in the V4.0 Wish List.

Any idea ?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Sounds like Aussie Geoff needs to have a gander at your post I hadn't thought of that but it's definitely a good point.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I think we'll have to wait until the chip makers like Cirus can build a chip with enough processing power to decode these signal. To do it in a PC right now you need a really fast CPU (P4 2.8Ghz or there abouts) so its not likely something that we'll see available as an upgrade to existing processors...that said I guess anything's possible but I just don't see it as being likely just yet.

Comment

• AlvaroD
        • Oct 2002

Rotel Rsp-1098 has a CS49400 cirrus chip.

The next chip from Cirrus, the CS49500 is available for quite some time now and can decode WMA9. I don't know if the CS49400 has enough power to do it.

Here's a link :

Dolby Digital Pro Logic II, Dolby Digital EX, DTS-ES 96/24, DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, DTS-ES Matrix 6.1, AAC Multichannel 5.1, Microsoft Windows Media Audio 9 (WMA 9), MP3 (MPEG-1/2, Layer III), MPEG Multichannel Audio
        Last edited by AlvaroD; 03 July 2004, 10:56 Saturday.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"