X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chelseaforever
    • Mar 2005

802D's just arrived

If you own a pair of N802's it's probably best if you don't read this.
    I have had a pair of 802's for a year and couldn't resist the opportunity of auditioning the new 802D's when the opportunity arrived.
    I was blown away. I couldn't believe the improvement on what was a very good speaker.
    I ordered immediately and they arrived last night. Wow, out of the box they sound truly amazing. The bass is richer, fuller, tighter, better in every way. Although the lower end dynamic range is the same on paper it's tunefulness makes it seem far deeper. The midrange and treble blend seemlessly together. That slightly metallic extreme top end has been replaced by a sweet, transparent beautifully balanced sound. All colouration from the midrange has gone revealing detail never heard before.
    I thought the original speaker was pretty special but this is just in another league. I took quite a big hit selling the 802's after just a year but the outlay is more than justified by the results. I just can't stop smilling as I listen.
    For your info they are being driven by a Bryston 4BSST power amp, Naim CDS2/XPS, Naim NAC 52/Supercap.
  • js24
    • Feb 2005

congrats!
    some pics to drool over will be a treat for the rest of us

Comment

• Chelseaforever
      • Mar 2005

My first attempt at attaching pictures in this way. So sorry in advance if they are not up to much.
      Attached Files

Comment

• weijst
        • Jun 2004

Your pictures seem fine to me!

Congrats & enjoy!
        Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• ti33er
          • Apr 2004

...fantastico!!! ...love what you have done with that 805 btw, most engenius! ..."Chelseaforever" - you must live in the UK?
          "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

• Chelseaforever
            • Mar 2005

I use a single 805 as a center speaker driven by a Naim 140 (Bi-amped). This seemed an ideal solution to accomodating aquaility center speaker with limited placement space. I had a cabinet custom made to accommodate the 805. It works very well.
            And yes, I do live in the UK.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"