X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tcousins
    • Jun 2004

1068 or 1067

Hi all,

I have recently moved and shelving space is a major issue at the new homefront. I currenty have a 1068 with a Musical Fidelity HT600 five channel amp running Paradigm Signatures. There is also an old yamaha running my patio speakers. Those three units can be combined into one with the 1067.

The question is how much will I lose sound-wise going to this method? I really like what I have but it looks terrible. Thanks, Tom
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Tom,

Normally I (and most "red blooded" HT advisors) would say "keep the separate amp whatever you do". However based on THIS REVIEW and several others of the HT600 you'ld be better off sound wise with the RSX-1067 - more cleaner power...

Now if you could stretch to the RSP-1068 stacked with the RMB-1075 - then you are talking some serious mumbo in a space not much higher than the RSX-1067....

Geoff

Comment

• gd
      • Jan 2003

Hang on to your separates!... I think we'll all suggest that, especially since you already have the 1068.

I'm having trouble believing MF has produced a subpar amp, tho I haven't heard the HT600... is yours performing to your satisfaction?

Regardless, I presume the HT600 has some resale value... why not replace it and the Yamaha with a single 7-ch amp?... wish there was a Rotel to recommend, but there are respectable, affordable units available by B&K and ATI... a little further up the ladder are Sunfire and Earthquake Cinenova.

In any event, is there some place nearby you can hide the amp(s)?... maybe all you need to invest in are longer cable runs.
      greg (gd to you)
      Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
      production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

I agree, keep the seperates! If you want to tidy/gain performance sell the yammie and MF and replace with a 1075/1080 combo :P

Jason
        Jason

Comment

• kneptune
          • Jan 2004

Tom,

Not to deter you off of the thread here, but how do you like the Paradigm Signatures? What model's do you have?

I am considering the move up from the Studio Reference 100 v.3's to the Signature S4 or S8s. I'd be very interested in your feedback. I'm currently running an RSP-1098 RB993/RB985 combination with my 100 v.3's.

Thanks!
          Kevin

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"