Video switching problems with 1067,1068 etc...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmr15
    • Jun 2004

Video switching problems with 1067,1068 etc...

Hi everyone,

I've had a 1067 for several months now and finally got around to setting it up to do video switching for 480P input from my dvd player and HD input from my cable hd-dvr box. I connected the component output from those 2 sources to the 1067 and then the component output from the 1067 to my Mits 725 DLP TV.

For the first several days, everything was fine. I did not notice any degredation of video quality and I was able to set up a home theater master remote so that I could press just one macro button per input and the 1067 would set everything up ... video, audio mode, subwoofer levels ...WOW :T

However, now when I turn on the tv with either the hd cable or dvd as source, the screen comes on with a repeating vertical picture pattern. What I mean is that several segments of the inputed picture will be repeated and overlaped. To get a normal picture, I have to tune to a non-HD 480i cable station. Then the picture is normal and when I tune back to either HD or DVD everything is fine. It seems odd that I have to initially send an interlaced signal to allow the progressive pics to come through undistorted.

Does anyone have this problem?? Does anyone know what to do to fix it?

BTW, I have the 1067 inputs set to "progressive" as per the instruction manual suggestion. Also, when plugging the sources DIRECTLY into the TV, everything is fine... so it can't be the TV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..... It's a real hassel to have to tune to 480i and then back to the source I'd really like to see.

Thanks,

Craig
  • Andy_Steb
    • Aug 2004

Firmware v1.1.7 addresses a problem with progressive passthrough on initial powerup.

Comment

• cmr15
      • Jun 2004

Andy,

I did find a thread which led me to consider the v1.1.7 upgrade but the Rotel site indicates that it fixes pass through when the OSD is "off." I have it turned on.

Also, does anyone know where I can purchase the correct cable for upgrading. I did a google search for rs cables with the db9 and rj45 connections and couldn't find a retailer.

Comment

• basementjack
        • Dec 2004

Check your box, I think each Rotel product comes with the cable. If you've misplaced yours, you could probably borrow one from your dealer.

Comment

• cmr15
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by basementjack2
          Check your box, I think each Rotel product comes with the cable. If you've misplaced yours, you could probably borrow one from your dealer.

Thanks jack,

I found a way to circumvent the problem. I just put in a delay command in the HTM remote. If I turn on the cable box or dvd 1 second prior to the rotel, it seems to work.

Weird, huh?

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"