X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Knarly
    • Mar 2004

1068,1067,1056 OWNERS

I just got back from another hiss audition.Every unit I listened to 1056,1067,1068/1075 amp has the same problem,hiss in all speakers in 2ch stereo mode,even with center,surr,speakers set to none.For me this is no longer an if,but a WHY issue.My local dealer and I did an extensive evaluation of ALL his units and they all have the hiss.Even my dealer was surprised as he thought maybe it was my unit, ics,power etc..When he heard this for himself with his high dollar cables,conditioners etc..he admitted its there,no dispute.He was very nice and understanding of how this could bug people and promised to contact Rotel an inquire about why,and if this can be remedied.The reason I posted this is I think everyone concerned should contact Rotel and ask if this is going to be corrected.I want to be the first to say that even with the hiss I still think the Rotel has a great sound,much better than run of the mill avrs.So I'm not bashing in any way,I like my Rotel so well I want this issue resolved so it can reach its full sonic potential.I should also say that these test were done on a variety of B&W speakers with the best displaying the hiss the worst.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Rotel's already stated that there were some early units with this problem and that they have corrected it. I'm sure if you're having this issue with any of your gear you or your dealer can contact Rotel to have it corrected under warranty. Bob, I'm sure your dealers equipment is likely some of the early production models.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Bob Knarly
      • Mar 2004

Jason,thats great news,my dealer was not aware of this and its the first I've heard.If I can get this one issue resolved I will be one happy camper.The Rotels are the only units in my price range(and I 've auditioned them all) that really do music well.thank you.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"