X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Time for an FAQ

Guys there's a lot of new members coming to our little hole in the wall as the word spreads about how great Club Rotel has become (thanks everyone!) As such we're starting to see a lot of the same sort of questions that have been already answered so I think its about time we consider building an FAQ that we can leave up as a sticky to point newbies in the right direction. I'm going to be somewhat pressed for time with the baby but between all of us we should be able to get one in place pretty quickly. So what I need from you guys is would you each add a point or two that you'd like to see covered in an FAQ below. If you can please write it out in a form that I can simply cut and paste into the master FAQ.

For example...

1. How do I know what firmware is installed on my processor?
    Answer: Simply press and hold the mute button on the remote and it will be displayd on the LCD of the Rotel.

2. What's the latest firmware number?
    Answer: Since new firmwares are being released fairly frequently its best to check here for the latest version.

3. I see there's two versions...which do I need?
    Answer: Mid way though production Rotel changed a few chips in both the 1055 and 1066 which meant a new firmware line was required. Feature wise both the 1.X and the 2.X will be identical but you must make sure that you're installing the correct file into your machine otherwise it will lock up and require it been sent to Rotel. See #1 to find out which version you need.

4. Does the Rotel 1055 and 1066 pass HDTV signals properly?
    Answer: The first generation of these models did not pass HDTV signals since they were limited to 10 mhz of bandwidth. Rotel then changed the chips to allows HDTV signals to pass properly and all newer machines can pass upto 100 mhz. If you're not sure about your machine its best to call Rotel with your serial number and ask them if yours is one of the newer machines.

5. How do I upgrade my firmware?
    Answer: There's a long and detailed thread located here and Rotels upgrade PDF is located Here

6. How do I make a suggestion for a new feature to be added?
    Answer: Simple add your recomendations to this thread

• Matt Sprouls
    • Apr 2003

What is a FAQ?

Sorry could not help myself.
    Regards,
    Matt

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Add to #1:

Unless you own an early 1065 (don't know up to what version), in which you just press menu and check the OSD.

X. My volume knob doesn't light up, should I send my unit back to Rotel?
      Answer: Due to clever flash photography, the colored ring around several Rotel products appear to glow. Unfortunately they do not light up on their own.

Or maybe we should leave that one off so all the people who post a 'mine does' picture reply can have their fun?

Kevin D.

Comment

• shuang1234
        • Apr 2003

Andrew:

Did you want FAQ suggestions as replies to this thread or to the sticky note Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) thread?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Reply to this thread...I don't think you can reply to the FAQ one

Comment

• ZX 6R
            • Jan 2003

7: What has been changed with the various versions of software for the RSP-1066?
            Answer:
            V1.2 to V1.32
            Added Dolby Digital EX feature.
            Added an IR code for Zone 2 control from the main zone.
            Added discrete IR codes for TUNE and PRESET modes.

V1.32 to V1.37
            Changed the default mode for Dolby Digital 2Ch sources to Dolby Pro Logic II
            Fixed a bug that did not allow front panel button operation of the PLII / 3 Stereo button when playing a Dolby Digital 2Ch source.
            Fixed conflicting displays on CB level settings between Front display and On-Screen Display to show correct levels for CB speaker(s).
            Fixed the output of Pro Logic II from reverting to 2Ch when playing a DD 2CH source, CB speakers were set to None and delay set to 10ms.

V1.37 to V1.41
            Fixed a change in the sound image when unit received a discrete IR ON command in Pro Logic II with Center speaker set to OFF.
            Removed a small buzz in surround speakers when in HDCD mode and with Multi-Input engaged.

V1.41 to V1.43
            Changed the OSD background color setting to Black for both Composite and S-Video Monitor out.

V1.43 to V1.44
            Adjusted the writing time to EEPROM IC from 4.5 usec to 10 usec to improve memory backup.

V1.44 to V1.45
            Balanced sound levels on DSP Music modes

V1.45 to V1.47
            Added subwoofer output to dts Neo:6 mode when using large front speakers.

V1.47 to V1.48
            Front panel display for Multi Input changed.
            Record source replaced by Volume on front display.
            Sub level can be set to OFF for different surround modes, including stereo.
            Correction of on-the-fly adjustments when center & surrounds calibrated to min or max levels.

V1.48 to V1.49
            Mute will automatically unmute when volume is adjusted.
            Volume display on OSD changed from bars to numerical display.
            Dolby Digital EX is now auto-detected rather than manual setting.
            Subwoofer YES and MAX settings now apply to all modes.
            Test Tone Level change to -30dB.

Starting units V2.20
            Hardware change new software not backwards compatible
            Adjusted the writing time to EEPROM IC from 4.5 usec to 10 usec to improve memory backup.

V2.20 to V2.21
            Balanced sound levels on DSP Music modes

V2.21 to V2.23
            Added subwoofer output to dts Neo:6 mode when using large front speakers.

V2.23 to V2.24
            Front panel display for Multi Input changed.
            Record source replaced by Volume on front display.
            Sub level can be set to OFF for different surround modes, including stereo.
            Correction of on-the-fly adjustments when center & surrounds calibrated to min or max levels.

V2.24 to V2.25
            Mute will automatically unmute when volume is adjusted.
            Volume display on OSD changed from bars to numerical display.
            Dolby Digital EX is now auto-detected rather than manual setting.
            Subwoofer YES and MAX settings now apply to all modes.
            Test Tone Level change to -30dB.

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

ZX 6R,

Thanks for the useful information, I have recently upgraded to the 2.25 from the 2.23 software version, and pondered the upgrade improvements.

Azeke

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"