X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WallaceBW
    • Jan 2003

Rotel Firmware Site

I have put together a site to help manage the firmware changes to all of our rotel gear.

http://rotel.homelinux.com/

It is in a proof of concept phase and I have just made the database functional (try RSP-1066 or RSX-1055). There is almost no content and it's really ugly... I just didn't want to put alot of effort into it if we decide we don't need it. I plan to make the Firmware revisions links and make the layout look like one of my other projects.

The layout should look like my MPEG-DATABASE Project if I decide to develop it any (try searching floyd with the Directory Structure option under advanced search ). And if you want more info on Mpeg-Database see:
    Download MPEG Database for free. MPEG Database is a collection of PHP scripts and classes that allow you to catalog and search your MPEG files (MP3) and their header info utilizing a database (Currently coded as MySQL but easy to modify). Also included is a robust search engine.

Basicly I am just looking for opinions as to if you all find this useful and would like me to develop it?

Brian
  • AlvaroD
    • Oct 2002

Very good idea

I think we need a site like that.
    Do you plan to make the firmware themselves available for download ?

Comment

• WallaceBW
      • Jan 2003

Yes, I eventually hope to have a complete listing of all rotel firmware (Yes, available for download) and there changes in my database and as i said it will have similar layout to Mpeg-Database (see above) when complete. I even plan on making an Administrative page where select people (myself and Andrew for example) will be able to submit new firmware changes. The searches will be more exact limiting the results to firmware that is applicable and many things will look and work better.

Again I know it's crappy right now, but it will look much better once (if) I develop it.

Brian

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Looks pretty cool. One thing I notice is that its saying that 2.24 is a higher firmware update then 1.47 which isn't really true since the version 1 and version 2's are different. Not a big issue just something you're going to have to deal with at some point.

Comment

• WallaceBW
          • Jan 2003

I know there are errors.. again it's just an example not a released product. I'll work on it as time allows...

Brian

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"