X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MICHAEL STRO
    • Oct 2003

biamp vs 2 channel

what should, or do you think should sound better a 1080 2 channel amp or a 1075 true biamped for main speakers????
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

IMO I'd place my bets on the 1080 sounding better but there's a lot of variables at play here such as quality of interconnects and splitters, the cross over used in the speakers, the type and size of drivers in the speaker, the lenght of the speaker cable, are the speakers set to large or small? etc.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Yeah to many variables to say for certain... Sounds like a demo is needed! :B

Jason
      Jason

Comment

• miagi
        • May 2004

I would have to place my bet alongside Andrew´s! - The 1075 is not the greatest amp ever built for stereo...but then again..it was never ment to be....it´s a great HT amp.

If you want a good stereo amp.....consider a classA or perhaps even the new "digital" amp´s....like the new "Predator" from LCAudio:

It is getting some rather good reviews, even compared with more expensive class A reference gear.

Comment

• MICHAEL STRO
          • Oct 2003

stayed with true biamp

well i bought another 1075 i'm gonna stay biamped. now i need some good interconnects (biamped) any ideas?????????????

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Michael click the CatCables banner on this site and email doug the owner for a quote and suggestion on which to get. There's a new review by a member that just bought some of his cables in the Chalet area too. I have several of his cables and they're amazing and well priced.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"