X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UCLAman
    • Oct 2005

Setup advide

I need people's advice and opinions on my setup. I have the following equipment:

1095 amp 200 x 5
    1080 amp (new, still in box) 200 x 2

B&W Nautilus 803 fronts
    B&W HCM CNT center (esentially part of the newer 700 series)
    Polk Audio 755 Inwalls

Kenwood sovergien reciever as the pre/pro using the passive outputs.

My question is how would you distribute all the power to the hungry speakers?

My thinking is 1095 amp 200 x 2 for left (biamp)
    1095 amp 200 x 2 for right (biamp)
    1080 amp 200 x 2 for center (biamp)

This is where I am stuck. use the surrounds out from the reciever for the inwalls? Buy another amp for surrounds? What do you people think?
  • scient
    • Feb 2005

You could biamp left and right with the 1095 and use the last 1095 channel on the center and you could use the 1080 for the rears.
    Also like you suggested you could go with your configuration and use the receiver for the sourrounds.

Comment

• DrJRapp
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2003

Perhaps you can tell us some more about your room size, how you will use the system, etc.
      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• UCLAman
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by scient
        You could biamp left and right with the 1095 and use the last 1095 channel on the center and you could use the 1080 for the rears.
        Also like you suggested you could go with your configuration and use the receiver for the sourrounds.
        My problem with that is that I am wondering if the center will be lacking "juice". The 803s are monsters and with 400 watts going to each speaker what will my poor center channel be thinking when I only feed it 200 watts?? :cry:

On the other hand my surrounds don't really need 200 each - although that is what is going to them right now. (Man does 6 channel DVD Audio sound sweet!!!!) However if I use my reciever's amp solely for the surrounds: #1 will the reciever do this? #2 If it does work then I have 200 watts of rotel power just sitting there.

New thought: Is there some way to split the remaining 200 watts for the two surrounds?? WITHOUT RUINING THE AMP?? :E

ROOM SIZE - very large great room with 10 ft ceilings, small family room with attached dinning area (taken up by pool table :T ) and also open to kitchen.Think one large rectangle that is semi-open to the living room.

Put it this way I plan on ordering dual cylinder SVsubs for Xmas to replace my 10" sub. I like LOUD!!! :lol:

Comment

• lvhung
          • Jun 2005

Biamping is not always noticeable better

Why you don't buy the 1090 :T to mate with B&W

Comment

• UCLAman
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by lvhung
            Biamping is not always noticeable better

Why you don't buy the 1090 :T to mate with B&W
            Well the 1090 is 390 watts per channel. My setup will get me 400 watts per channel. And to get the 1090 will cost me about another $1800.

My solution is just to get another 1080 for $900 to drive the surrounds. The remaining "left over" 200 watt channel on the 1095 can be used to drive a single rear surround. This may be the future route I take. I just need more money and wife approval. The latter will be easier than the former!!! :rofl:

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"