X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rotel_KEF
    • Feb 2006

Question about RMB1075/1080/1070 or 1077

Hello. I'm new here, but i'm reading the posts here a long time. Now i registered, because i have an important question or is it only important for me?
    Now i have a RMB1075 as amplifier. My Denon 1800 has only preouts for fronts and center and i biamp my KEFs. For the future with another processor, i have a problem:
    Think i have 3 choices:
    1. Buy a 1070 for the rears
    2. Buy a 1080 for the fronts (What's the difference from today biamping in 1080 not biamping? Sound it better?)
    3. Buy a 1077 for all and biamp the fronts like today
    What you think about it?
    I'm sorry for my english. Thanks for your answer. René
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I'd say add a 1080, that'd be my move
    Jason

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

René, I've asked myself the exact same question - and, although I've still to spring the cash, the resounding recommendation was number 2: buy a 1080 for the fronts.
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Desotti
        • May 2005

I also have the 1068/1075 "combo", and just added the 1080 to drive my front speakers, couldn't be happier!

Comment

• BWzes03
          • Oct 2005

I also must agree with the rest of the comments.
          Get the RB-1080 to drive your front speakers. I recently added the 1080 to my RMB-1075. The stereo field widens, dynamics open up, bass punch gets a huge boost in both control and weight, more depth and even height in the stereofield and the instruments are more focused.
          I didn't believe it was possible, since the RMB-1075 is by no means a slouch, but it was....

Comment

• Rotel_KEF
            • Feb 2006

Thank you all for your answers. :P
            Now, i think it's the best solution to buy a RB1080 new or used. But had any of you first a 1075 or a 1080 and then a 1077 for the comparsion? Did you tried also biamping the fronts with the 1075 and then the comparsion with the 1080?
            MJB: I've seen that you have a Mac G5. I work also with a G5 and i have also a Mac at home. Did you connect your Mac with the 1098? How did you connect it?

Comment

• mjb
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Rotel_KEF
              MJB: I've seen that you have a Mac G5. I work also with a G5 and i have also a Mac at home. Did you connect your Mac with the 1098? How did you connect it?
              I'm sorry so say, no - I didn't, but I should try (via a USB->serial converter). I did the 1098 software updates with a borrowed laptop.
              - Mike

Main System:
              B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
              Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Rotel_KEF
                • Feb 2006

Hello to all. ;-)
                Now i buyed a used RB1080 and heared it. It's amazing and a step forward. I'm very happy with it and thank you all for your answers about my question.
                René

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"