X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jsapp
    • Jun 2003

RMB 1066 in BRIDGED MODE??

I am considering purchasing an RMB 1066 to go with my RSX 1055. What I would do is run the 1066 in BRIDGED Mode giving 3 X 150 W for my fron speakers Paradigm Monitor 7, and CC 370. these speakers are 8 ohms and faairly sensative (about 93 db on the 7s) I would let the internal amps on the 1055 run the rears.

My question is has anyone used a RMB 1066 in bridged mode? What were the results. Is the sound quality I could expect better or worse than non bridged amps.

I have already received some info from the seller and don't sdoubt him just I'd like some more input or experience to go on.
  • OnlyOne
    • Aug 2003

I am interested in hearing more about this as well as I plan to do the exact same thing.

Any takers?

Comment

• Greg K
      • Jul 2003

, add one more thats interested,I was talking to the dealer yesterday about this.

Comment

• princeoliver
        • Jan 2003

This issue has been discuss recently:

Look here

Comment

• ht_addict
          • Dec 2002

Just make sure that your speakers are 8ohms as the amp sees each as 4ohms. I've emailed Rotel about the specs of the amp in bridged mode and was told SNR/THD are the same as in stereo mode. Damping factor is halfed but still more than enough to control the speakers. To be quite honest when I ran my 1066 in bridged mode the only difference I could make out was the fact that it was louder(3db increase). Clarity, soundstage, etc all sounded the same.

ht_addict

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"