X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mickyboy
    • Jan 2003

what rotel sterio preamp can i use witheither 985 or 991 power amps please

have denon 3802 rotel991 and 985 power amps, not really getting the improvement i was looking for rotel powers vs 3802 with 2 channel sterio with b&w cdm1nts, rather than sell denon at a loss and purchase say 1066 processer, all more money,

i was wondering if trying second hand rotel sterio pre amp would be a better idea, (preamp with 981) but have no idea what model of rotel preamp to look out for, have seen some posts that rotel preamps are not that brilliant, would ideally want preamp with cd+md+tape facillities thank you

• ZX 6R
    • Jan 2003

I would recommend trying to find a RC-995. With your Rb-991, it should be quite nice with 1Nts. The 995 will be significantly better sounding than say a current entry level Rotel pre. such as the Rc- 1070 and you should be able to pick up one up for a very reasonable price.

Comment

• eelco74
      • Dec 2002

I own a RC-972 pre-amp as well as a denon 3801.

In plain stereo, the 972 is way better than the 3801. The current 1070 is its replacement, and a better one too.

When I got my RC-972 I compared it directly to the RC-995. The 995 was better (more depth and detail) so if you can get a good 995 just do it.

Both the rb-991 and the rc-995 have balanced input/output. This also improves overall sound quality.

good luck....

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
      Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
      Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• mickyboy
        • Jan 2003

thanks all made a mistake it is the rotel 981 i have would rc 995 still be ok any idea what is fair price for 2nd hand rc 995 in the uk thanks all

Comment

• ZX 6R
          • Jan 2003

The 995 would still be a good choice with the rb-981. As for a fair price in the UK, I don't have any idea. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"