X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • epiney
    • Sep 2003

Upgrade from RMB 985 mkII

Hi guys, I considering upgrading my RMB 985 mkII amp. I wondering if I should replace it with an RMB 1095 or if I should get a 1090 and use the 995 for the center and surrounds. I'm not really planning to go 7.1 for some time yet.

BTW for speakers that the amps will drive, I picked up a pair of ACI Sapphires that were two months old this weekend for $850. They sound great. Thanks Keith. I'm considering buying a pair of Panoramas as fronts and the Essence for the center. I'm wondering if my old 995 will be adequate to power the Panoramas.

Also the same guy that I bought my speakers from is considering selling his Sherbourn amp. Would the Sherbourn be as good as Rotel?

Thanks a bunch

Keith: How's the Essence center?
  • nwallace
    • Oct 2003

I might be interested if you decide to sell your 985. I'm in Alexandria.

Noah

Comment

• eelco74
      • Dec 2002

Well,

I own both a rb981 and a rb985MkII. I tried a 1080 at home, but I found it a bit more harsh than the 981. Lot of power but the 981 with 130 watss is quite sufficient. The difference between the 985 and the 981 not that big.

It all depends on what you listen to most. If stereo is your main choice, or you have really big or inefficient speakers, I would keep the 985 and buy a 1090.

if you have a very big room, you can get the 1095. It will go louder than JFK airport. However also buy a heavy equipment rack for it :-)

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
      Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
      Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"