X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

RSP1066 always in 7.1 mode?

Hi,

I've got a 7.1 system hooked up to my RSP1066. I've set the front speakers to large because I dont want to use my sub in 2 channel mode. The surrounds and centre are all setup as being small. And I set the number of back speakers to 2.
    When I play a Dolby Digital 5.1 encode dvd, it will play through all 4 surrounds, so also the rear surrounds play. When I manually switch to Dolby Digital Ex, it just sounds the same and also all 4 surrounds play.

I dont want this behaviour. I dont want to two rears to play when I select normal DD 5.1. I find this very curious and annoying.

Or is this on purpose?

Btw.. the same happens with DTS 5.1 tracks. Also the two backs play.
    I'm using the newest 2.2.5 firmware.

Greetz,
    Rolf
  • Trevor_J
    • Oct 2002

You are hearing all 4 surrounds because you set your CB to yes. When playing a regular DD5.1 (non EX) soundtrack, the 1066 will use Rotel XS Surround. I'm not sure if there's any other way around this except to disable the rear speakers from the set up menu.

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

Hmm... too bad ... turning off the rears in setup each time is annoying, since it can only be done through OSD. I guess I have to buy the RSP1098

Ah well... I'll get used to it ... or move back to 5.1 if I upgrade my fronts.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"