X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UFObuster
    • Apr 2007

rsp-1068 CD play-back question

I may have missed somthing in set-up, hence the question.
    When CDs are played back using analog input (to the CD jacks) all is well.
    When I send the signal from a universal player (a Denon or Yamaha both) over an optical connection....I see the display showing 48k. It then resets to 44.1 (for the CD) and there is a discreet "break" in the sound...ie, a very brief pause or interruption of the playback just as the disc begins. It's very annoying...esp if I use a 5 disc player on "random" and it seems to have to "read and correct" the format on every song.
    Yes, I'm in CD mode...I've also tried the other video sources.
    What's up here? Is there a playback set-up that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance...
    (Kevin: if you choose to respond....you have to know how much I appreciate having someone with your knowledge base of the product around).

Roger
    UFObuster, an audio gourmand....some is good, more is better, and too much is just about right.
    Rotel RSP-1068, RB-1080, RMB-1075, RT-1084. Denon DVD-3910. Klipsch RF7,RC7,RF5,RC-35,RSW10.
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

It sounds like the digital clock in the universal player(s) is sending out a 48k sampling rate (which is what DVD-A and DVD-V use) when nothing is playing. When you play a CD, it has to switch in the player to 44.1k (which is what CD's use - thanks Sony) and it takes the DIR (digital input receiver) in the Rotel a moment to lock on to the new sampling frequency and unmute. Every component will act different in this situation. It's just depends on the DIR used and how a manufacturer designs it into the component.

Eric

Comment

• UFObuster
      • Apr 2007

Thanks Eric..
      Is there a work-around to this problem? I'm sure I'll consult my player's manuals (I'm at work now) but is this a common situation with all "universal players"? I'm really surprised that it's common to both my Denon 3910 (no slouch) and the Yamaha DVD-C750.
      thanks
      Roger
      UFObuster, an audio gourmand....some is good, more is better, and too much is just about right.
      Rotel RSP-1068, RB-1080, RMB-1075, RT-1084. Denon DVD-3910. Klipsch RF7,RC7,RF5,RC-35,RSW10.

Comment

• Ferres
        • Jan 2007

It's a common situation to digital connections like Toslink and coax.

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

As Ferres said, it's something that will happen with a digital connection. The only work around would be to hook the player up analog.

Eric

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"