X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ross Smith
    • May 2004

Firmware 2.6 for RSP1066

I recently had my RSP 976 replaced with a new 1066 by the Rotel dealer, the 976 had a faulty DSP board.
    Well in stereo and home cinema mode the the RSP 1066 sounds awesome much smoother and more open and detailed. In D/D mode I use to wish I had a cinema EQ button but with the 1066 theres no need even the tone controls are left flat.
    The thing I was wondering is that my processor has this annoying popping sound when changing settings in the digital domain, I think it's been mention a hundred times before. Will the the new 2.6 firmware completely fix this glitch, my set has the 2.4 version installed. The 1066 came with a chord which looks like the one you use for the updates, it has a nine pin female plug one end and a plug which looks like a telephone plug on the other. Also is the download esy to install or is there a chance you can stuff it up and kill the processor.
  • Robert
    • Jan 2004

The latest version of the RSP-1066 software is v2.26, which probably means you have v2.24. I don't believe this update will address your specific "pop" issue. On the Rotel web site, you should be able to find "technical updates" under the "support" window. The site describes the particulars of the update and provides "how-to" guidance.

Comment

• nash
      • Mar 2004

I upgraded from 2.25 to 2.26 and it fixed that popping for me. Much better.

As far as the upgrade, it's simple if you follow the instructions. If something goes wrong, the unit still has a bootstrap loader, so it's basically impossible to render it useless (if the upgrade goes wrong, it can still boot and let you flash it over and over until you get it right).

Comment

• Ross Smith
        • May 2004

Thanks Alex for that information it's given me the confidence to try the 2.6 firmware update, my problem is just a slight crackle when I change TV channels on my digital STB or use the menu setup.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"