X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zohar
    • May 2004

Rotel’s 1056 with the B&W’s Model-705

Hi,

I would like to ask for your experience support.

I’m planning to buy a system that will give me the benefit of the two worlds with high sound quality (fine audio-2 channel and multi channel for home theater).
    My current speakers are the newest B&W’s Model-705, does the Rotel’s 1056 Surround Sound Receiver its good enough to-drive the 705 speakers?
    In addition 70% of the times I’m listening to music, should I buy a 2-channel power unit to connect to the 1056 for better quality?
    Please advise.
    ops:
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Absolutely, you should purchase a separate power amp for the front channels, if you are into music.

Just my monies worth,

Azeke

Comment

• ti33er
      • Apr 2004

yeah, even I have been advised to get a separate ROTEL 1080 (200W per channel) amp for my Nautilus 805's, even though I own the ROTEL 1075 Power Amp (120W per channel, which is what my speakers are rated at 50-120W) - the 705's and 805's are very close in power requirements, and design...I think that you should read "Rotel 10xx Equipment Cold Sounding/no Mids?" on this forum - there are some very good explanations there!
      "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"