Yamaha rxv2400 vs Rotel 1056..Rotel SACD?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bleu Allen
    • Jun 2004

Yamaha rxv2400 vs Rotel 1056..Rotel SACD?

I'm looking at the Yamaha rxv2400 vs the Rotel rsx1056. I want a system that matches and has SACD or a universal player. What can Rotel Offer? Am I really losing that much sound quality between these two receivers? Is Rotel going to make a SACD or universal player anytime soon. I'm still not totally sold on DVD audio. If Rotel is sticking with DVD audio only I will probably buy the yammie receiver and player, unless the sound is really a big step down. Please advise!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Why are you so stuck on having both your Receiver and DVD player match? IMO doing this will only cause you to end up with a lesser system then if you'd be willing to seperate the two...esp if SACD is a priority. Rotel isn't likely coming out with a universal player soon (though I could be wrong but all indications from past indicate they're staying with DVD-A) but both the Yamaha and Denon make fine universal players (I'd take the Denon) and the Rotel's a better receiver then Yamaha or Denon so to get the best quality you're best of buying the Rotel receiver and a Denon DVD player.

Comment

• eelco74
      • Dec 2002

I own a DVD-2900 and a rsp1068/rb981/rb985 combo.

I had a 3801 running as a pre-pro. I can tell you that the difference between the 3801 and the 1068 is hughe. Soundstage is mutch better, you are really in the middle of the sound.

So yes, the 1056 is a better receiver. It perhaps has less features, but sounds better..
      If SACD is important go for the 2900 of the 2200. You will not be dissapointed.

This will be a very fine solution. If Stereo is important to you, than you migh in future add an RB-1070 for the front channels.

Good luck....
      Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
      Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
      Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Ditto, don't limit yourself to one brand or you'll miss out on a lot of quality products and sound.

I'd go for the Rotel 1056 and as mentioned the Denon, 2200/2900 or Yamaha 2300 universals. I believe Yamaha also has some pretty nice quality SACD only players, (even a 5-disc) available as well. The 1056 is a much more musical receiver than the "mass market" brands IMO.

Jason
        Jason

Comment

• Bam!
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2004

I agree...the Denon is quite a universal player with a great picture quality.....The 1056 is a machine......when you want it to be soft and docile...no problemo....you want a freight train coming through the house....no problem...I call this amp Scitsophrenic (Wow that spelling looks super)

Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• Arnold van Oostrum
            • Sep 2002

I don't think SACD will last very long. Espacially since the DVD Forum has decided on combining the CD and DVD format onto one disc.
            The CD market (music only without image) is totally collapsing. That also has a negative impact on SACD. The DVD market (films and music - the latter also with image) is exploding business. The combining decision of the DVD Forum will proof to be a good marketing strategy for DVD Video and DVD Audio.

More info you can read here.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

I agree I think SACD's days are numbered with the recent announcement from the DVD-A camp and that could well be one of the reason's Rotel wasn't willing to jump into developing a SACD player.

Comment

• Bleu Allen
                • Jun 2004

Dvd Audio Vs SACD

Sacd's days may be numbered, but DVD audio still has not been able to convince me or many people to jump on board. Until there is more flexibility with the format as far as having a cd layer (hybrid) that can be played in a car or at a jobsite on a boombox, it may not catch fire. I don't particularly like having to turn on my TV and stare at a still image of Peter Frampton when I want to hear music. The new Dual Disc format may end up being the one that catches on. One can only surmise.

Obviously Sony and Warner will have to wrestle over this for the next couple of years.

Comment

• Bleu Allen
                  • Jun 2004

I have to disagree that the cd (audio without visual) market is collapsing. Rotel, like Harman Kardon may only support DVD audio but the future of surround music will continue. Rotel is surely playing the waiting game with respect to SACD. Remember how old stereo is. Formats will change over time. Also, the video craze vs audio is cyclical. Some people (like me) will always prefer better audio than video if having to chose. Maybe the new Dual Disc format will ultimately change both SACD and DVD audio.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"