X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RotelMotel
    • Oct 2004

NAD vs Rotel: 2 channel sound ?

Is the Rotel 1056 brighter than the NAD T753/T763 ?
    I've only heard the latest Denon's & found they were way too harsh with my room/speakers. Some people seem to think the NAD's have the best 2 channel 'bottom end' but are let down by dated processing/channel steering...
    whereas the rotels are more open/detailed in the mids with better processing.
    I'd like to go for the Rotel but I'm concerned that it may be not as weighty down low. Any comments most appreciated.
    RM.
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Personal preference has alot to do with it , the wisest thing would be to find a dealer and give a listen. I run Klipsch Reference speakers which are assumed to be bright , and find Rotel pushing them to be quite smooth and blended. As far as bottom end using my RC-1070, RMB-1075, the Los Lonely Boys disc I just purchased was mixed quite bass heavy (to much so IMO) and if Rotel didn't do well with lower end I wouldn't know the difference. It's a package deal, or "system" as it's called, mix and match speakers with pre-power amps and you can run the gamit of the audio bandwidth.

Comment

• gymguymass
      • May 2004

I cannot speak personally about NAD, but i have read very good things about them. The one constant seems to be that they get the music right - whatever that means. I suspect that the reviewer is referring to the midrange, where the all important vocals reside. I do own an RB1080 and it does a great job with the lower end on my Mirage OM10 loudspeakers - much better than the Luxman 160 watt receiver I had. It is a dramatic difference to say the least. I have heard these speakers with other amps, Adcom and B&K, and the lower end did not seem to match what I currently have. Ultimately, a head to head session is in order. Go with what you prefer and you will not be disappointed. Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"