X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vasia
    • May 2004

RSX-1065 versus Marantz SR8300

Hi guys,
    I am still trying to figure out. Used Rotel RSX-1065 and new Marantz SR8300 can be had for pretty much the same price. Is there anything about Rotel that would make it worth while getting a used unit without warranty over brand new with one? I have listened to 1055 versus 8300 and I did not feel big difference, however, I am not sure about 1065.
  • vasia
    • May 2004

I actually compared newer RSX-1056 versus SR8300 and they both sounded similarly great to me.

Comment

• Bam!
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2004

Vasia!

If you didn`t here a difference between Rotel and Marantz.....what is the rest of your setup......or on what system did you compare them on.....?

Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• vasia
        • May 2004

Well, I did hear the difference. I think this issue has been addressed many times and I totally agree that Rotel sounded a bit more open and clear and Marantz was warmer and choice of speakers will be important as well. THat said, though, I could not pick one or the other based on sound alone, I liked both. However, I was wondering if 1065 would be a lot better in some way then 1056/1055, which would then tip the scales towards it versus Marantz.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

The 1067 would have more power but depending on how loud you like to listen to movies/music the 1056 might be a better buy given its newer hardware. You could always add a dedicated power amp at a later date if you felt you needed more power. As for the Marantz its a nice enough unit but IMO the Rotel is more futureproof (esp the 1056) and resale value should be stronger with the Rotel...that and there's no Club Marantz to help you along

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"