X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gymguymass
    • May 2004

Rc1070 And Rb1080

I am in the process of ordering the RC1070 stereo preamp and RB1080 power amp, and am curious if anyone has any recommendations for interconnects and speaker cables. I currently own a pair of Mirage OM10 speakers. My music tastes run from rock (Metallica, Guns n Roses, Tool, etc) to female vocalists with some old school jazz. Any advice - I know the brand names, but was wondering if anyone has had any personal experience with good quality matches with Rotel. Thanks.
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hi,

You'll find a number of members have good experiences with Lex (AKA Doug) at www.catcables.com - he's a Htguide founder and a nice guy to boot. Try contacting him and discussing your needs - for the price - his cables are hard to beat.

Geoff

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

I currently own the Mirage OM 7's and the RB-1080. I am running MIT AVT3 speaker wire, which works well for me.

Lex, can also offer you some alternatives via CATCABLES, you will just need to speak with him and provide specifics.

Hope this helps,

Arman

Comment

• gymguymass
        • May 2004

I have received my RC1070 and RB1080 and they have been up and running for about 3 weeks now. I could not be any happier. They sound great - i have heard details I have never heard before in my music! Thanks to the posts alerting me to the issue with amp shorting out using the 12 volt trigger. I simply leave the amp on all the time - run very cool. As to my previous post regarding cable selection, I am going to purchase 2 pair of the Kimber Hero Interconnects and a 8' run of 8TC speaker cable, using the mid level WBT connectors. I cannot wait. Thanks again for all the help with the gear prior to my purchase.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

gymguymass,

Glad you like the Rotel sound and the RB-1080. The detail is incredible

Re the shorting out (internal fuses) - this is a rare problem - seems to be specific to particular speaker and speaker cable combinaitons with the RB-1080 providing active loads at turn on. So you should feel free to try the triggers if you want and you are likely to be in the vast majority with no issues. If you do have problems - it's 5 minutes to replace the fuses and then leave it on...)

Geoff

Comment

• gymguymass
            • May 2004

I have received my new Kimber 8TC speaker cables and Hero interconnect (all with WBT terminations) and all i can say is "WOW"! My Rotel gear sounded great before - now, things seem to have been taken to a new level. The midrange has more detail, the bass is more impactful. I am extremely satsified with my current set up, although i am still searching for a new source component. I am leaning towards the DVD2200 for all purpose playback. This forum has been excellent to see and share the enthusiasm for all things music and movies! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"