Problems with 1050 and 1060 DVD players...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caleb1995
    • May 2004

Problems with 1050 and 1060 DVD players...

...has anyone noticed that when playing a CD in the 1050, when the skim left button is pressed, it first jumps ahead about 20 seconds in the song before starting to skim backwards? Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a unit that does NOT do this?

Also, with the 1060, has anyone noticed the relatively loud transport mechanism noise when a disc is spinning (which is all the time when a CD is in and the unit is on)? I compared it directly to the 1050 and 1040 and it is much louder (the 1050 and 1040 were virtually silent). The 1060 is so loud I could hear it spinning away in a quiet room.

Any feedback would he a great help as I just bought the 1050 last weekend and need to exchange it for another if the skimming issue is only with my machine. Also, I only bought the 1050 over the 1060 because the drive noise in the 1060 annoyed me....if it was just the showroom model, I would exchange the 1050 for the 1060.

Thanks in advance.
  • SimonSays
    • May 2004

I haven't noticed any appreciable noise from the transport mechanism on my RDV-1060. I use the unit for DVD and DVD-A. For what it's worth, I REALLY enjoy the DVD-A playback. Very impressive.

Comment

• GosonFletchy
      • May 2004

I have noticed that issue with the skipping forward before it skims backwards on a lot of units. It only ever seems to happen on the units that are programmed to still try and actually play while they are going forwards or backwards. I think it may be that because the units are trying to read forward while at the same time trying to skim backwards. I never thought much of it after that though since I saw it on multiple units by different manufacturers. As far as noisy loader assemblies I dont know. I have heard the Rotel RDV-1060, 1050 and 1040 and they all seemed virtually silent to me. I know that if you put a disc in that is slightly warped or something it can cause a lot of noise. I think the DVD spins a lot faster than a CD too, so it would probably have a higher ambient noise than a CD would.
      I am a person who is not bothered by a little ambient noise though. As long as I can not hear it while I am listening to music or watching a movie, then I dont actually consider it a problem. :lol:

Comment

• nvdeynde
        • Jun 2004

I'm satisfied about the RDV 1060. You hear the disc spinning at the beginning of a DVD because then it runs at top speed + you also hear the drive when playing CD's.

Before the Rotel, I used a Yamaha DVD-S795, and drive noise was comparable, maybe a little louder but certainly not annoying.

It can be a faulty unit that needs some calibration.

Nico

Comment

• gillen
          • Dec 2003

RDV 1060 problems

My unit too is/was, I don't remember, affect from transport noise. I said that because are two months that I sent it to Rotel service in Italy. After a month they told me that the gear was shipped in England for verifications.
          The problems were:
          - Playing CDs the digital audio (not analog) was interrupted intermittently
          for about 0,5 second. The problem seems not to be a 'amp problem' an
          RSX1055, Rotel service checked in the first month.
          - At the end of the last CD track the drive don't recognize the end and the
          pick-up continue to seek another track that dont find, result is a irritatingly
          noise that continue for hours (this seems a ' dont knowed problem' in Rotel)

Question: Two months for maintenance is normal ?
          Thank you
          Gil

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"