X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weijst
    • Jun 2004

Chose the RDV-1050...

Hi all,

Just purchased my new addition. After 1,5 hours of extensive comparisson between the RDV-1060 and the RDV-1050, I took home the RDV-1050:

Selection method could not have been more perfect as I brought with me the same movie twice, connected both players to the same screen (Large Panasonic LCD) and switched back and forth between the two while keeping the two movies synchronized.

To my surprise, the RDV-1050 was clearly more detailed right from the start! The salesman and I tried almost everything to come up with a better picture on the RDV-1060 (or at least to get it close to the RDV-1050's) but all attemps didn't change the fact the RDV-1050 simply gives a better picture.

On the audio side I found the RDV-1060 to be slightly superior. The difference however didn't justify the increase in price and the decrease in image quality. I was rather dissappointed because of this, as I was hoping the RDV-1060 would blow away the RDV-1050 in this area and make me forget about getting a separate CD-unit.

All this plus the fact one easily adds the relative low priced RDC-02 to the RDV-1050 for even better CD-playback than the RDV-1060 made the choice easier than I expected...

Hope this helps others in their decision as I remember I wasn't the only one that was trying to decide between the RDV-1060 and the RDV-1050...

ps: I now have the RDV-1050E. Didn't do any research yet if this means something else than Europe...
    Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Nope, 1050E is the european version (ie you get a scart connector and slightly different switches on the back). When the 1060 got discontinued, Rotel had a run on 1050's and had to get more in from Europe.

Kevin D.

Comment

• lmib
      • Jul 2004

Hi Weijst,

good choice. I did it the same way.

I already had the RCD 1072 for CD.

The RDV 1050 E is also region code free. :B

CiaĆ³ lmib
      lmib

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Not when it's modified for the US!

Kevin D.

Comment

• Club1820
          • Jan 2006

Does anyone else have comments on the 1060 vs 1050? I am also debating between purchasing one of these used. Whichever I choose, I would be using the unit for both dvds and cds.

Thanks in advance.
          Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Check and make sure your dealer can get you a 1060 before you worry about it. It's been discontinued for about 6 months now.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Club1820
              • Jan 2006

Thanks Kevin. Yes, I know the 1060 has been discontinued. I was thinking of picking one up used on Ebay or Audiogon.
              Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"