X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weijst
    • Jun 2004

RDV-1050 + RCD-02 vs RDV-1060

Hi all!

I'm about to get a 'matching' DVD-player (I stopped waiting for the new generation of DVD players from Rotel the moment I heard the anticipated prices...).

I was hoping to recieve some answers on the following questions:

1) Is there any reason for choosing the RDV-1060 over the RDV-1050 if CD-playback is not a concern? In other words, is there any difference between video performance of the RDV-1060 and the RDV-1050?

2) The RCD-1072 just isn't an option. Would you say the combo RDV-1050 + RCD-02 beats the RDV-1060?

3) Taking it one step further: what about the combo RDV-03 + RCD-02 vs the RDV-1060/1050...

Fact is I wouldn't wanna choose the RDV-1060 because of it's superior CD-playback if I might be getting a dedicated CD-player in the future anyway...

Thank in advance!
    Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Just make sure your dealer has a 1060 before you fret over it. I would venture a guess that the cd performance on the 1050 would be close to the 02. Video quality is slightly better on the 1060, but not enough to base a decision on it.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"