X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aris A
    • Jan 2006

Rotel 1050/1060

Hello,
    First time folks, maybe you can help me out on inquiries about rotel products since I'm setting up a second HT. I'm going the used route.
    Currently purchased:
    RMB-1075
    B&W 600 series (fronts & center channel)
    Shopping for best deal:
    rear speakers
    pre/pro or receiver
    dvd player

I'm checking the RDV 1050/1060 and DD & DTS logos on the side and it has a 6 channel analog output. Would this mean it can process this formats w/out going thru a receiver? Is it like a dvd/processor in one? Does the 6 channel serves as a pre-out like you normally see on the back panels of a receiver? I haven't check any dealers yet to find out maybe since this forum says "club-rotel" probably it is wise to inquire first so I wouldn't waste my time with the dealer. Thanks.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Yes they have decoders built in for DD/DTS. In general, you would only use these for DVD-Audio discs and the digital output for DD/DTS. Most receivers have a lot more options for bass management, sound levels, and delay than the decoder built into the DVD.

You could just run just the 5.1 out to a multi-channel input on a receiver and use the DVD player for all decoding. You can not run them direct to an amp because there is no volume control on the DVD player.. Well, technically you COULD, but it would be really, really loud..

For what it's worth, the 1060 is no longer available. If your dealer does not have one in stock you can rule that one out from your list of options.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Aris A
      • Jan 2006

Thanks a lot, Kevin. That answers my questions.

Comment

• abqnmusa
        • Jan 2006

I have owned and used the RDV-1060 for several years now. It has been realiable and has a wonderful sound. The 1060 has no issues playing real DVD's, or DVD's made on DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, or DVD+RW media. The DVD-audio capability works but my tests with DVD audio discs & the same audio CD showed no advantage of DVD audio over CD's. The CD's sounded better! The CD playback on this DVD player is quite good, though not as crystal clear as CD playback on the dedicated Rotel RCD-1072. Get the 1072 for CD playback if you are a CD music junkie like me.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"