A problem with the 1066 video switching?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MattCXII
    • Feb 2004

A problem with the 1066 video switching?

I just bought a Panasonic PT-AE500 FP. I have ran the component cable through the 1066 and inturn back to my FP. I am noticing green and sometimes red scan lines through the projected image. They are only periodically shown and would appear to be only through the Progressive Scan feed as HD feed seems clean. Has anyone experienced this when running video through your 1066? I have heard concerns that you loose some image quality when doing this.

Thanks for all your info.

Matt
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Sounds like a bad video board. I'd contact Rotel and/or your dealer to have it repaired under warranty Having said that, yes you should if possible connect your video sources directly to your display.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• MattCXII
      • Feb 2004

I am going to try that tonight to see if it corrects the problem. I never thought it could be the 1066... automatically thought it was the projector. Hmmm.... Something to think about. Hopefully it is the Rotel gear since that would be easier to send away than the FP. I bought the FP in Ottawa (5 hours away) and the Rotel gear down the street from me.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Definately do some troubleshooting first but that sounds like the problem...

Jason
        Jason

Comment

• MattCXII
          • Feb 2004

Problem solved!

It was neither the projector nor my RSP-1066. It ended up being a shit piece of component cable from Monster that I was using as an interconnect between the DVD and the Preamp. My long run of component to the FP seems to work out great... damn that Monster cable!

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

aaah good old Monster :lol:

Jason
            Jason

Comment

• MattCXII
              • Feb 2004

That company is more advertising than it is quality. What a waste of 70 bucks that was.

Live and learn. ops:

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"