X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Isaac
    • Jan 2006

BEST AUDIO & VIDEO Through HDMI

How can you get the best audio & video through HDMI? Seems to me that everyone is using just the digital coax or optical for "normal" DD or DTS and not using the new fomats. I don't want to have to turn on my reciever everytime I watch a movie. I don't want to run the HDMI through the reciever because of possible of loss of picture quality. It would be nice to have 2 HDMI outputs on the Bluray player so the reciever and HDTV can have their own connection.
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

So you want the best audio/video but don't want to have to turn on the receiver?? I'm also not really following you... If the player itself had two HDMI ports, would it not have some kind of internal splitter anyways? I suppose you could run your own splitter but I doubt it'd be any better than going through a good processor, and might also give you handshake and/or lip sync issues.
    -Chuck

Comment

• Isaac
      • Jan 2006

Does everyone route their DVD players video through the Receiver? I know I sure don't. Lets say your kid wants to watch a TV show, DORA the explorer on DVD through the Bluray player, are you going to turn on your reciever if you only want to hear it through TV speakers? Now, if you want to watch the latest Star Wars Clone Wars movie on Bluray I can understand firing up the receiver but, remember to get Dolby TrueHD you need to have it wired with HDMI or possibly through the analog outputs to a compatible receiver, if you don't you are just getting plan old vanilla DD. If you have a DMP-BD30 bluray player you need a whole new receiver because that particular bluray player does not decode any of the new audio formats.

Seems way to complicated for consumers do decide what player will be compatible with their current system and how they need to set it up correctly to get the best Audio & Video.
      Last edited by Isaac; 27 December 2008, 07:35 Saturday.

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Yeah, I know what you mean. Well, best VIDEO, not audio. I don't think your tv speakers will sound any better using HDMI or digital coax/optical inputs for the audio portion... or maybe even RCA analog inputs. But for the video, you're right... you want the best video, you need to use HDMI, but most players only have one HDMI output so it's either going to go straight into your receiver or tv.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"