X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vasia
    • May 2004

Can RSX-1056 drive 6 Ohm speakers?

I am checking out the Rotel SRX-1056 and the manual and the back of the unit says 8Ohm speakers or higher. What would happen if I hooked up 6 Ohm speakers. In particular, Axiom M60's I am considering are 8 Ohm, but VP150 center is 6 Ohm. Or I am considering Rocket's RS750, which are rated 6 Ohms as well. Does it mean that I cannot efficiently use SRX-1056 for these speakers and would need a separate amp for Rockets or for VP150 center and maybe surrounds, which are also rated 6 Ohms?
  • eelco74
    • Dec 2002

Hi,

The 6 ohms mentioned is only an avarage over the 20 - 20.000 hz freq. band. The actual impedance can be as high as 40 ohms (mostly on the resonance frq. of the drivers) and as low as 2 ohms (on the tuning freq. of the bass reflex port). This happens on 4, 6 or 8 ohms speakers.

Rotels power supplies and amplifiers are designed to cope with high and low impedance speakers. So it should be no problem to drive a 6 ohm speaker. Later you can always upgrade to a RB-1070 to drive the front channels.
    Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• vasia
      • May 2004

Hi,
      Thanks for the information!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"