X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aero993
    • Feb 2003

IR Ban

I'm in the process of putting together an IR repeater system for my Rotel equipment. I just got off the phone with a tech guy from Parts Express. The tech wanted to know what ban Rotel operated on? Also how does one pick a source to listen to remotely(zone 2)? From seeing the RSP-1066 it appears to be OSP driven.

Anthony
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I'm assuming they wanted to know which 'band' Rotel ran on, which I'm also assuming means the frequency.. Can't give you an exact number, but it falls within the standard range that every repeater system uses..

As far as picking Zone2 sources, you can either use the discrete codes from the pronto file, or plug your repeater into the Zone2 input. The standard remote controls Zone 2 stuff if it gets it through the Zone2 input on the back..

HTH,

Kevin D.

Comment

• aero993
      • Feb 2003

All your assumptions are correct. The tech guy from parts express told me that there are three different bans 40k, 56k, 256k. He said that I would need to know what bans all my equipment used. In this day of multiple brands of eqipment used in home theaters. It really doesn't make sense to me. The repeater system should cover the bans that are most commonly used by manufacturers.

Comment

• SiliGoose
        • Aug 2000

I supply missing letters.

d d d

There you go...you may now resume your conversation.

-Sili
        www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• sconcina
          • Mar 2003

I recently hooked up my Rotel RSP 1066 to the Xantech IR repeater and it worked like a charm.
          I got the unit from www.enhancedht.com, no idea who else carries this.
          Good luck !
          Stefano

Comment

• sconcina
            • Mar 2003

Comment

• sconcina
              • Mar 2003

Comment

• SiliGoose
                • Aug 2000

Hmm...not sure what missing letters I'm supposed to fill for those!

-Sili
                www.campmurphy.net

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"