X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Evan Scussel
    • Jan 2003

Anyone using a RB-1050 in their system?

I just sold my 5 channel amp (Anthem MCA-5) and have a Odyssey Audio Stratos Dual Mono on order that I am going to try in my system but there is a 6 week wait.

Been looking around and saw a couple of these babies out there. I was thinking of buying one of these as a makeshift main amp for the next month and a half and then move it to surround duty or for a zone 2 type operation.

What's a good price for one of these used? I think $500 is what they retailed for. How's the sound? Thanks.

Still searching for that elusive "perfect" sound.
  • Legairre
    • Jan 2002

Evan,
    It's been along time. How are you? I don't have a 1050, but I plan on getting one to power two center back speakers. It should go well with my 1095. The 1050 is $399. Here's Rotel's price list
    Rotel manufactures high end consumer electronics for stereo, home theater and whole house audio systems.

Also the place I shop will give 15% off the 1050. I'm not sure if I can mention dealer names on the forum, but I think you know where I shop, so for about $340 you could get one new. I've been looking on Audiogon for a few weeks now , but I haven't seen any used ones.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
    Radden Home Theater
    Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Evan Scussel
      • Jan 2003

Legairre,

I have been meaning to e-mail you and see what's up! Things are very good with me, my system has completely changed since you last visited. I made drastic changes, but won't be able to evaluate things until I get through the break in stages.

I know EXACTLY where you shop and have been meaning to call them about prices. Seeing there is one of these suckers on Audiogon right now for $325, and it's an older one to boot, $340 sounds like a good deal...I might give them a call.

Have you gotten your new HT up and running? I may want to head down there and check it out!

Comment

• Legairre
        • Jan 2002

I guess you could say I'm semi up and running. I just finished painting and putting up the drop ceiling a couple of weeks ago. I finished the basement into three separate rooms. The theaer is 13x24 with burgundy walls and a black drop ceiling. When I turn the lights off in the theater it's so dark(starting about four feet in front of the TV) that it looks like the screen is just floating in the air. You can't see the speakers or even the TVs base. My wife went for the theater colors as long as I painted the other two rooms normal colors like off white walls and ceiling. I still have some work to do. Hopefully I'll be done within the next month or so and really spend some serious time down there. Right now I go down there to listen to music and a movie once in a while. Once I'm finished I'll probably never want to leave.

It sounds like you moved too. It also sounds like you made some SERIOUS changes to your system.

Radden Home Theater
        Radden Home Theater

Comment

• LEVESQUE
          • Oct 2002

I'm using a RB-1050 for my 2 back centers (2xStudio-20). It's more then enough for those rear "effects" that rarely need a lot of "punch". I'm using a RMB-1095 for the rest of my speakers.

RB-1050 power rating is really conservative, because I can use 7.1 surround mode and drive it very loud without any clipping or distortion. It's really able to "fallow" the RMB-1095.

For 400$ CDN it's more then enough to drive back centers. :LOL:
          To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• Evan Scussel
            • Jan 2003

Legairre, I will send you an e-mail and tell you ALL about it!

Let's just say the Anthem AVM-20 is the only component in my HT that has survived the brutal cuts.

Subwoofer: gone and replaced with a different model
            Speakers: All 5, gone.
            Amp: Yep...that too, gone.

Should get my new speakers in early next week. Amp in 4-6 weeks, got the new sub around Christmas.

Comment

• sndtowne
              • Jan 2003

The RB-1050 is a "feisty" little amp. A real good value for the money. I used one for surrounds in a 7.1 system for a while and was very satisified. It also has signal sensing which allows auto turn on in the presence of a signal. I don't think it can be beat for $399.00 (U.S.).

Bruce
              Bruce

Comment

• Legairre
                • Jan 2002

As of yesterday I'm now using the 1050 for my back speakers. Fills in the gap for 7 channel music mode really well. Haven't had a chance to try DD/EX or DTS/ES movies yet though.

levesque,
                It looks like you and I both have the same setup. 1066, 1095 & 1050.

Radden Home Theater
                Radden Home Theater

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"