X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hanker
    • Dec 2007

rsx 1056/RB 1050

I have an rsx 1056 and an RB1050 I am using for zone 2. Would I get any benefit from redirecting the front amps to zone 2 and using the 1050 to power the fronts? Speakers are B&W 685's. All opinions welcome, thanks.
  • srb
    • Oct 2004

That's a tough call!

The RSX-1056 is rated at 75/W channel with all 5 channels driven, but can develop closer to 100W/channel with 2 channels driven in stereo use. However, using the 70W/channel RB-1050 for the front's would give you a dedicated power supply for those two channels.

Did I mention this is a tough call?

If your use is weighted in favor of home theatre, I would say the tip of the hat may go to using the RB-1050 for the front speakers. If your use is more 2 channel stereo listening, the extra power of the RSX-1056 in stereo mode may sound slightly better.

But it's close enough that you would have to try it and see. If I'm not mistaken, redirecting the front channel amplifiers to zone 2 does wipe out your configuration settings. I'm not sure if those can be saved out first or not.

Steve

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

hanker,

A very good 2 channel system is the foundation of a very good HT. I've found that a good stereo amp is an excellent idea in practice. That is how I have my HT set up.

Fortunately for you, all you need to do is get a good pair of interconnects to find out for yourself. Send your mains out to the 1050 and hear what happens.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"