X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petrolhead
    • Jan 2003

100 or 200 mhz for RSP1066

Is the video switching in the RSP1066 100 or 200 MHZ?

• Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

It depends. The current 1066s are shipping with 200 Mhz. there is a thread here that mentions a serial number with regards to the switching. If your serial number is X or higher, you've got the 200Mhz. BUT... My 1066 was under that serial number. So I contacted ROTEL, gave them my serial number and asked what I have. They told me my 1066 got the 200Mhz update before it left the factory. :T

I'd contact them.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• JohnSC
      • Jun 2002

Can someone explain to me what this means? I have one of the early 1066's and am pretty sure it has 100mhz. Why is this a problem and should I consider the upgrade? Right now I do not have the need for using the component or s-video outputs as I am only feeding the video signal to a normal 68cm Sony TV through the composite cable. Will I see it as a problem is I upgrade to a rear projection or plasma TV?

Thanks

Comment

• petrolhead
        • Jan 2003

cheers Rock

Comment

• dali
          • Jul 2002

JohnSC,

If you have one of the pre 200 MHz versions, you officially have 10 MHz, not 100. Without going into the technical side it means that the RSP 1066 can't pass through high quality video (HDTV, progressive scan DVD) without degrading the signal. I've read somewhere that progressive scan video needs at least 13 MHz bandwidth, but the recommendation is twice that to make sure that the signal isn't degraded, i e ~ 30 MHz.

If you do not use the RSP 1066 for HQ video switching it's nothing to worry about. If you intend to switch HDTV or progressive scan video you should consider the upgrade.

AFAIK, this only matters if you use component video. If you use s-video or composite video the upgrade won't matter.

Comment

• justin
            • Feb 2003

Does anyone know the serial number cut off for the video switching on the rsx 1055? :roll:

Jus

Taking it one day at a time. Life moves quick.
            Jus

Comment

• Dan Heath
              • Feb 2003

I recently bought a RSX-1055 and I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

• justin
                • Feb 2003

I was looking for this old thread "HDTV support". It's from the past two months. It's mostly for the 1066 and the same question was asked there about 1055. No one has an answer.

Jus

Jus

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"