X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AAVI
    • Mar 2003

ROTEL RSX-1065 -serial

Hello all finally got my unit today and im glad to see that the serial number is 2361095 which is suppose to mean its a unit that had been upgraded to 200mhz video bandwidth...

My HT experience has gone up a few levels now and i can't wait to watch all my dvds again!

One thing im a bit worried about is, after a few hours of running, the receiver seems to get very very hot, not on the front but the top of the unit itself, looking through the grills on top i can see fans inside the receiver, are they supposed to be on all the time, or only when it gets really hot. Im asking because i stack 2 dvd players right on top of the unit...do i need some substancial clearance on top of the receiver?

Many thanks
    Happy new ROTEL owner....
  • mazuly
    • Feb 2003

In general you should not put anything on top of receivers or power amps. By doing that you are restricting the airflow and therefore trapping the hot air inside your unit. You are also potentially cooking the 2 DVD players on top as well.

Try leaving at least 4 to 6 inches clearance on top of the receiver. Better yet, put the receiver on top of you rack without anything on or above it.

Good luck,
    Maziar

Comment

• steveB
      • Mar 2003

My 1065 runs hot as well.
      I emailed Rotel and they said its normal for such a
      unit.
      My DVD player is stacked on top , but I should move it.

What version of firmware does your 1065 have AAVI?
      (just depress MUTE on your remote for a few secs to find
      out)

Cheers

SteveB.

Comment

• AAVI
        • Mar 2003

Yes i think i will move my dvd player off the receiver, does anyone know anythiing about the fans in the receiver? Do they kick-start when the receiver gets really hot?

Firmware for my receiver is v 1.5.3_020829

Whats the new firmware that just came out, 2.25 or something?
        What benefits do i get from this new firmware?

Regards

Comment

• ZX 6R
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by aavi
          Yes i think i will move my dvd player off the receiver, does anyone know anythiing about the fans in the receiver? Do they kick-start when the receiver gets really hot?
          Definitely move that DVD player off as soon as you can. The fans only come when they are needed. When they do come on they are not that loud in comparison to some out there, you may not even notice them.

Comment

• steveB
            • Mar 2003

aavi

The latest firmware for your machine is 1.55.

I have just moved my DVD Player!!

Cheers

SteveB.

Comment

• AAVI
              • Mar 2003

Thanks Steve,

The receiver is running nicely, ive moved the dvd off the receiver, it now sits right next to it.

regarding the firmware... do you know what changes were made from 1.53 to 1.55? Or know of some place where i can get that information? I have downloaded the 1.55 firmwear off the one of the links in the forums already.

Only bad point i see with this receiver (not really that bad..)
              is when its playing DTS dvds, it switches to PL II then to DTS..so you miss the first few seconds of any sound. Does the new firmware fix this?

Also ive found when watching quiet passages in movies.. there is noticeble hiss coming from my speakers, running at a fairly high level (65/100). Im thinking this could be related to the recording? IM not sure, is this something i can remedy?

Regards,
              Edward

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"