X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gianni
    • Nov 2002

Come on Rotel--help us out!

After reading the thread "Bass Management...what's a person to do?", I have the following question.

Why is it that Rotel can not distribute information describing the signal path and bass management availability/results of the following inputs and their differences:
    1) digital (probably the easiest and most obvious)
    2) analog
    3) multi-input

As consumers this is not asking much and in fact essential information. After reading posts by Bruce and speaking to several dealers, it is obvious that many of them would also benefit from this. A simple chart or grid might be one easy way to do this. After thoroughly reading the manual, I feel it is deficient in this area.

With the complexity and variety of today's HT/music systems this info would make life a little easier. The statemant that Rotel has made saying that "bass management is not possible in these units in the analog domain" may be true, but they have implemented some remedies which they have not fully explained. These remedies do have an effect on the ultimate outcome and should be explained in a user friendly manner. I think this is true of most manufacturers.

I realize that this bass management issue is not problem created by Rotel. Rather, it is due to the lack of standardization of the various formats and by copyright fears. I understand why in some scenarios we get bass doubling and why Rotel did this. However, it would be a great help if Rotel would explain the implementation of their solution to these problems.

Why keep us in the dark? I think consumers with a better understanding of this issue would be less likely to become frustrated with Rotel for something that is not Rotel's fault. Just tell us what we have to work with so we can more easily optimze our own system configurations.

Andrew, any way you can help with this?
  • Dre J
    • Aug 2002

I suggest you read the following post

Bass management current status

For a detailed list of the modes and how they operate, Read the Bass management reports in the first link. They explain the modes of operation and offer solutions to get around the issues.

Dre

My little corner of the world

"ILL-PLEX 007.1"
    My little corner of the world

"ILL-PLEX 007.1"

Comment

• gianni
      • Nov 2002

Thanks Dre J. Good info.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"