X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bnieman
    • Jun 2006

Rotel RSP-1066 vs. RSP-1068 Bass Management/Double Bass Issue

Greetings Club,
    I am the happy owner of a new RMB-1075 5 channel power amp. Currently I am using a Denon AVR-2805 as my pre/pro and am looking to upgrade to a Rotel component to match the amp.

I have read about a "double bass" problem with the 1066 where in addition to playing low frequencies through the main speakers it adds the low frequencies from the normal speakers to the sub as well as the LFE signal. From what I have gathered there is no real fix for this besides turning off the LFE signal or setting the speakers to "Small".

I don't like either of these solutions because when the artist recorded the music they had full creative control to use what every frequency range they wanted from all 6 channels, and setting the speakers to "small" or LFE to "off" would infringe on the artist's intentions for the listener.

Is this problem fixed in the RSP-1068? Has there been any breakthroughs to alleviate this problem on the RSP-1066?

All the best,
    Bryan
    Guide: Ripping DVD-Audio Discs (DVD-A) to FLAC in Windows
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

The double-bass issue on the 1066 only effects the multi-channel inputs, nothing else. It can be disabled by clipping two resistors rather quickly.

The 1068 has the option to turn this on or off.

Kevin D.

Comment

• bnieman
      • Jun 2006

Clipping these two resistors has no effect on anything else? Was this a solution you came up with or were advised by Rotel to do?

The multi-channel inputs are of great importance to me as I listen to a lot of DVD-A and SACD.

Thanks for the reply
      Bryan
      Guide: Ripping DVD-Audio Discs (DVD-A) to FLAC in Windows

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Clipping the resistors only removes the 5ch bass copy on the multi-input, nothing else. The resistor numbers to cut were released directly from Rotel.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Martinf
          • Oct 2003

I had the resistor fix done by Rotel prior to shipment a couple of years ago when I had a new RSP-1066 and a new RMB-1075 delivered. It's a great combination for DVD-A!

Anyway, the current model RSP-1068 already has sorted out the bass issue.
          I'll be back!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"