X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jprzybylski
    • Feb 2003

Present Volume levels on 1066?

Hello everyone,

I recently traded in my Lexicon DC-1 for the Rotel 1066. I love the unit, but I had my Lexicon and Pronto remote set up so that when I hit theh "movie start" button on the remote, the lights would dim and the volume would jump to 10db (I hate hearing coming attractions and that LOUD thx logo at a higher volume than the opening credits)

Anyone have any suggestions as how to trick the Rotel 1066 to jump to a present volume level?

Thanks,
    Joe
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Not a trick, but the only way I could see to do it without going RS-232 is to set a macro to fire vol down for about 6 seconds and then vol-up for 1-2 seconds..

The 6 seconds should be plenty of time to drop it to zero if you have the new faster voume codes.. Basically keep fooling with it till the macro gets it all the way down and then up to where you want it..

Kevin D.

Comment

• Rock Dog
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2003

I agree with Kevin. That's the only way currently that I can think of. Or how about setting up a timer for the mute. Mute the 1066 for a period of time, and then take it out.

Andrew, Could you contact the good folks at ROTEL and ask them if there is a "discrete code" way of setting a numerical volume directly?

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• jprzybylski
        • Feb 2003

Thanks for the info you guys... I contacted Rotel, and they told me that they are aware of Preset volume popularity and that they may implement it in future models. The person I spoke to said they would forward my requested to see if it can be made possible through software upgrades. But I will definitely try the "mute" idea. That's a great plan. Anyway to make the Rotel startup at a preset volume? Or does it always startup at the last level used?

Comment

• JKohn
          • Jun 2002

Does anybody know if it's possible to set the volume to a specific level using the RS232 interface?

Jeff Kohn
          Jeff Kohn
          http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"