X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Welshie
    • Nov 2003

1066 Volume question

Hi everyone, I hope this isn't a n00b question that gets asked all the time but I just got my 1066 today (sound quality is amazing btw) and I think that it should be louder. I'm using a RB991 and 993 to drive my B&W DM604s3 fronts, and I have to wind it right up to 45-50 to get a decent listening level. Anything less than about 30 is practically useless for normal listening. Is this normal? It doesn't start to get really loud until about 70, which seems a bit strange to me. I have tried all types of input and most of the sound programs.
    Also, can someone tell me how to check for the firmware version that is on my 1066.
    thx everyone
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

OH MY GOD! :roll: How many times do we have to answer these n00B b00b questions. Damn, it's like someone didn't tie a good enough knot on the IDIOT bag, and it's leaking all over the place. Bugger Off! :x :x :x

HAHA :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :P :P :P

Just Kidding. WELCOME to the board, and welcome to Club Rotel. 8)

Actually... I think I asked the exact same question back when I got mine.

Now, from my experience (this is not hard fact, just what I think happened) it's part of the break in process. I too remember having to crank it up to near 70 for a decent listening volume. But that got better the more the unit burned in. Now what used to be 70 is in the 50 area. So be patient! It's just part of the break in process. And if you think it sounds great now, wait until it breaks in. 8O

Firmware? Push and hold the MUTE button for a few seconds. The display will read something like 2.XX.XX 20031121. firmware version and the date.

Again, welcome and enjoy the board. Ask anything you like.

BTW! Did I use "bugger off" in it's proper context?

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Welshie
      • Nov 2003

lmao
      thx muchly.
      It sounds better the more I listen to it! same goes for brand new 604s as well

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Another point to consider is speaker calibration, this is one of the most critical adjustments you can make for your 1066 (or any pre-pro for that matter). Then from there it's just fine tuning the pre-pro to your personal taste.

Congratulations on your new purchase, you won't be disappointed.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

The number you see on the display simply represents the sum of your calibration settings. You could calibrate it to be the exact same volume at 50 and 70 if you change the settings for the speakers and when calibrated with Avia or VE you'll likely end up at a reference of around 70 anyway.

Comment

• Rock Dog
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
            The number you see on the display simply represents the sum of your calibration settings. You could calibrate it to be the exact same volume at 50 and 70 if you change the settings for the speakers and when calibrated with Avia or VE you'll likely end up at a reference of around 70 anyway.
            I agree with Azeke and Mr. Pr@tt. But I had calibrated my system with Avia just after aquiring it. There is still no doubt in my mind that as it burned in it got louder and cleaner and clearer. I think you'll see even better performance after 20 or 30 hours of use.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"