X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nbdax
    • Jun 2006

Rotel 1068 vs 1066: Volume levels

I recently upgraded from RSP-1066 to 1068 and find that I have to increase the volume level to 60-70 range (the number displayed) as opposed to what I was using in RSP-1066 which was in 45-55 range for same loudness. I have RMB-1075 powering the speakers and nothing has changed in the set-up except for the pre/pro upgrade. Is this expected?? I bought the RSP-1068 used and am little worried if there is some issue with the unit.
    Your inputs are appreciated.
    Regards.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

I have the 1098 with the 1095/1080 and I normally listen around the 45-55 range as well. 60 - 70 for movie listening is really loud for me. It does sound like you are having to turn it up a little too loud (imo)...

Do you have the latest firmware on the unit, have you tried checking the cables (if you have another set for just the L/R try that with some music and see what you think)... just a few ideas...other than that...I'm not sure with not owning the 1068.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

If it gets too loud before it reaches MAX, everything's fine. It's an arbitrary number that really can't be compared. Have you set all the levels with an SPL to make sure they are even? A low center level could make you turn it up to compensate.

Kevin D.

Comment

• DelRay
        • Jun 2004

I usually listen to movies at 65. But when I listen to music I might turn it up to 70-75

Comment

• ICEMAN70
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by DelRay
          I usually listen to movies at 65. But when I listen to music I might turn it up to 70-75
          Volume at 75 my neighbors will be calling the COPS... :E :B

Comment

• Robert
            • Jan 2004

I too had the same experience in volume setting change moving from the RSP-1066 to the RSP-1068. That was over a year ago and the sky has not fallen (yet).

Comment

• Blindamood
              • Sep 2003

I use the RSP-1068 with an RMB-1075 as well, and generally watch movies at 70-72.
              Brad

Comment

• foeth
                • Apr 2006

I use the RSP-1068 with the RMB-1077 (just bouth the entire system, otherwise IO would have owned the RMB-1075). I usually watch movies at 60-65, and even then I worry a bit about my downstair neighbours why are very forgiving with anything they hear (neighbour of the year award). Pop music is around 45-50, classical around 60, unless very loud.

Comment

• dyazdani
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Oct 2005

I would just ensure the levels have been calibrated properly. Other than that, I would doubt that there is any real technical issue with the unit.
                  Danish

Comment

• greenjudas
                    • Mar 2005

Hey nbdax,out of interest,do you find much improvement with the 1068 over the 1066?

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"