X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobcowin
    • Jan 2003

RDV 1060 Thoughts

After looking over the specs for the RDV 1060 and the discontinued RDV 1080, there doesn't seem to be much difference between the two. The RDV 1060 plays more formats (but who wants MP3?) and has a 12 bit DAC as opposed to a 10 bit DAC. But it costs so much less than the RDV 1080, I am worried that it won't be as good a machine. I also liked the size and look of the older unit. Anyone have any thoughts? :idea:

Bob
    Bob
  • dali
    • Jul 2002

Well, there's one big difference: the 1060 can read CD-R/RW discs ... the 1080 can't.

Lower prices on new models doesn't necessarily mean that the old one is better. Look at the computer market, a new model is always cheaper AND better ...

Here's a leaflet that Andrew has supplied: http://www.mts.net/~glendap/files/Ro...60-leaflet.pdf

Comment

• mazuly
      • Feb 2003

Just a note on RDV-1080 (even though it is discontinued), it does play CD-RW discs, it's just very picky on the brand of disk. I have been successful with maxell 650 MB disks. No CD-R though.

Thanks,
      Maziar

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"